Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

30/06/2013 Mine Railway Access Road (FC #9)

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 30 June 2013 | Views [369]

 

Headed off again along  the railway access road towards Python Pool in the Millstream NP but on the way the group decided to make a detour to some other pools on Fortescue River then to Deep Reach Picnic area for lunch. There were a few small river crossings along the way which I needed some convincing by John to do, but all went well. After lunch it was off to Python Pool. Driving in there the views over the ranges were spectacular, with rolling hills of green spinifex, the red soil and brilliant red of the Desert Pea growing along the roadside. Python Pool itself was a little disappointing and the water a bit murky but I did have a swim and not a python in sight. 
 
Unfortunately there was no camping allowed there or at Snake Gully so we headed off along the road to find somewhere to camp. Peter, John's passenger joined me in my car to help me keep up with the group. Eventually we took a turnoff along a bush track to set up camp for the night. We could see the faint glow of the lights of Karratha over the hill and the ore trains were still rumbling in the distance all night. 

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.