Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

28/06/2013 Karijini NP (Dales Camp)

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 28 June 2013 | Views [278]

 

Headed off along the corrugated dirt road to the western end of Karijini to the Weano Gorge day use area. Went to Junction Pool and Oxer lookouts (where 4 gorges meet), both stunning, then tagged along with a family group for the walk down into Hancocks Gorge and Kermit Pool. After a steep ladder going down into the gorge and a section of wading through waist deep water we reached the Spider Walk which is a narrow section requiring shuffling along with one leg on each wall with running water below. I left my day pack behind before attempting this part which I found quite challenging and took a little advice from Clinton (a rock climber) on how best to tackle it, but still managed to slip on some submerged rocks and ended up in the shallow water and sprained my left shoulder slightly. Only the men in the family group attempted this part and the women and children stayed behind. Wise move. I was thankful I'd left my camera behind and hopeful that my ukulele career was not over. 
 
After 2 more lookouts at the Joffre and Knox Gorges I headed off to Mount Bruce and a mine lookout, made some phone calls at the only pocket of phone signal then headed back to camp for another BBQ. Gets dark at 5.30 pm

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.