Existing Member?

The Italian Job

Friday 26th May - Another Day At Sea

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 27 May 2017 | Views [309]

A bit of a slow start today as it is a day at sea and we have no rush to go ashore. Again, as every morning, so far, the curtains were pulled back to reveal a glorious sunny day with a calm blue sea. Marco's breakfast of Poached Eggs Royale and Buttermilk Pancake with Fruit Compote lived up to our high expectations. 

Our first lecture of the day was by the Port Presenter giving a talk on the four places we will be visiting over the next four days, and two of these we are really getting excited about as they are both places we have long wanted to visit. As her talk drew to a close at 11am, an announcement was made throughout the ship that we would all observe a minutes silence in memory of the victims of the Manchester Concert bombing, such a vile and wicked thing to happen to all those young people. 

Our next lecture was by a guest speaker Clive Steeper entitled "Behind the Wheel - A Racing Driver's View". Clive gave an insight into the preparations a racing driver goes through before a race, and gave us some amusing tales of his time as an instructor at Silverstone.

Lunch was followed by a lazy afternoon.

Every meal we have had on Oceana has been exceptional and tonight was no different. We bumped into the Executive Chef whilst we were walking around the ship today and we congratulated him the very high quality of the meals.

Dinner was followed by a visit to the theatre to see Manuel Martinez, a "comedy and conjuring sensation from Cuba". He gave an excellent and very funny show which we thoroughly enjoyed.

About paulfirman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.