Existing Member?

The Italian Job

Thursday 25th May - Out and About in Valletta

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 27 May 2017 | Views [399]

Before 6am we had docked in Valletta, Malta. When we pulled back our curtains the sun was shining on the honey coloured stone walls in Valletta Harbour. After breakfast at Marco's we met up with Sam and Stuart to say our goodbyes as they travel home today, together with many other passengers from the ship. It has been fun meeting up with them and we shall miss them.

We now have another influx of new passengers again tonight. Will there be any surprises in store for us this week?

But our day is our own to do as we wish, so 10am saw us leave the ship and find the lift which transported us high up to the city centre. Having visited Malta last year, we had a good idea of the layout of the city and so made our way to Marks and Spencer where we knew we could get a good cup of coffee and a good wifi connection.

We had a lovely walk all around Valletta visiting many shops and admiring the varied architecture of the city and how the amalgamation of ancient and modern works so well here. Our last call in the city was for Paul to have a much needed haircut from a local Maltese hairdresser who was very proud to tell us that her stepson was a reporter for the local Maltese Observer newspaper and his specialist subject, which he was lecturing on in London at the moment, was Brexit. Though this was a small shop there were a lot of people coming and going or just coming in for a chat.

Late afternoon we returned to the ship, just in time for afternoon tea and some rest and relaxation. We again followed our usual tradition of a hot tub before another magnificent dinner and bed.

About paulfirman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.