Existing Member?

first backpacking trip

Disney Tokyo

JAPAN | Friday, 6 November 2009 | Views [433] | Comments [1]

So as I expected I've been very sick the whole time I've been here.  For those who know me this is not a surprise lol.  What makes it worse is were in a hostel with paper thin walls and no heating.  So each day I feel I wake up worse than the day before.  The day we went to disney land was by far the worst.  The disappointing thing for me was that the Tokyo Disney land is laid out exactly the same way as the one in California.  I went there a few years ago and to my dismay had to go to a theme park definately made for children 12 and under.  I was hoping since we're in Japan it would be this futuristic Disney land (which to some may sound stupid to think).  The highlights of the Tokyo Disney land though came at the end of the day.  There was this roller coaster we went on and its in the dark and its like your going through stars and planets.  They had a neat electric parade where all the floats had all the disney characters lit up, and we went to a 3d show that had honey I shrunk the kids actors in it.  Which made me think it used to be used in the states and they just chucked it to Japan cause it had all the same characters and they were all the same age.  Even the little boy.  What was weird though is everyone was wearing these furry Micky hats.  Which at first you were like uum ok but as you saw them so much you almost started to like them lol.  I hate going to places like this though because all I think is why am I here and not my nieces, newphew, or sister.  It would probably have been better had I had some kids with me.  Which reminds me, the children here are so obedient.  I didn't hear a peep out of these kids.  And the line ups for rides go so much smoother than other places in North America.  I swear the Japanese are so efficient.  It would say 40 min wait and it would almost always be half that.  We spent the whole day doing the Disney thing and then I went home and died.  I'm really hoping I start feeling better because its definately ruing the experience of being here.  Matt goes today so it sucks to have to do the goodbye thing again and this time for 5mnths.  When he goes were going to Nikko and then off to Kyoto.  Before I end this I also wanted to mentioin what our hostel is like.  All the doors slide open.  The bathroom is so small that besides the toilet only you can fit in it, no one else.  When you use the toilet there's all these functions for washing your private parts, turning the seat heater up or down, etc.  When you flush the toilet there is a tap on the top where the the lid on a our types of toilet are for washing your hands.  Which when I first saw it I was like oh they wash their hands with toilet water lol.  Our room is two wooden bunk beds where someone better lay down while the other one is standing cause there is no room to walk around our beds.  I tuck my backpack under my bed cause if I dont there is no room to stand either haha.  I thought athens hotel was small well this one makes it look like a mansion haha.  Something else I wanted to say but was too tired in my first journal entry to say is about the subway.  When you get on the escilater everyone lines up to the left all single file.  you can see people lining up single file when its busy and everything before they even get on.  And even though the subway is packed to the max you could hear a pin drop its so quiet. 

Comments

1

I love the way you describe things. It's like the way u talk instead of proper english. I write that way too! I like it better because if u know u well enough it's like u telling the story to me in person. It's weird how I miss you so much because it's should be no different then when u r in ft. Mac but because I absolutly can't see u now it makes me miss u way more, or something. That sucks about Matt leaving but I bet it was nice to see him.Too bad u were sick again if u catch what I'm throwing, lol!! I love u and it all sounds amazing. Hope u feel better soon!
Lots of Love,
The best person ever!

  Dani Nov 8, 2009 1:32 AM

About parisephone


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.