Existing Member?

tales of the Independent Traveller

The Wise Old Man- Tale from the Khmer people

CAMBODIA | Monday, 1 June 2009 | Views [896] | Comments [1]

There is a man who lives in the middle of the Cambodian country side. You can only get there by moto and then trek through the rice paddy fields on foot. It is a long journey but some say it is worth it. The story goes that people come from all cambodia to have their futures predicted and good luck granted by this man in his mid 30's. But he is no ordinary man. He is a spirit channeler, who's body becomes the temple for the spirit of a very old and wise man. When he welcomes this spirit into his body you can see the change in his eyes, in the way the expression is on his face, his voice his walk. If you respect this and give offering to the spirit he will tell you his insight into your life and your future.

In the past his predictions have come true. Sometimes he is certain and othertimes not so sure. But all the same he has an uncanny ability to find a little bit of truth in all that he reads in your past and your future. His reputation says he can tell when people are ill, when businesses will flourish, when children are to be born and money to be made. He can interpret other peoples responses to your personal situations and channel into their energy when they are across the other side of the world in a country that he may never have heard of.

But is it all just hocus pocus. Not for the lady that was told she had bugs growing in her hands and went to the doctor to witness his truth. But who knows, you cant live your life waiting out a prediction. I guess I'll just acknowledge his truth if it ever comes to be.

Comments

1

Can you mentioned his name ?

  Nelson Jan 19, 2010 3:17 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.