Existing Member?

Same Same, but Different A short blog of our adventurous trekkings across Viet Nam

Family of God

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 21 July 2010 | Views [129]

Danny C.'s final words on Vietnam 2010...As the saying goes- Same Same but Different- this is how I would describe my second trip to Vietnam.  Yes, we did many of the same kinds of ministry as my first trip, but the impact upon myself and the people of Vietnam was very unique.  We visited an orphanage, spent some time with the Grace House children, labored through a construction project, distributed some rice in a tribal village, engulfed ourselves in the Vietnamese culture, and God was God.  

Through your faithful support God provided a way for Heidi and I to serve the people of Vietnam.  His provision continued as we traveled throughout the country; affording us the opportunity to pour out His love and compassion on His people.  I witnessed many outpourings of His love from our team, many of which I will never forget.  One that really sticks out in my mind was watching Ben and Anicka hold the two children in the orphanage whose heads were too heavy for them to lift on their own.  These children were suffering from "water on the brain" (there is a technical word for it but not wanting to butcher it).  To see the smile on one of the kids face was priceless, as he was being held- lovingly cared for.  I also remember watching my wife as she passed out clothes to the workers of the orphanage, for the children.  Heidi is such a giver and to see the joy mixed with sadness on her face is one I will not forget.  She had the opportunity to pray over those children (thanks Howard) and it truly was a sweet moment.  I am always astonished to watch Howard affirm and encourage others in there giftings, bringing out the the best in all of us.  He has a way of opening the door to new challenges and I love that about him. To see Dan experiencing Vietnam for the first time was like watching a kid in a candy store.  What a pleasure it was to minister and serve alongside him- Dan always has a simile on his face even in times of discomfort.  Much like Heidi, Myrna is quite the giver and its amazing to watch her go.  She is so aware of the details and she fills in the gaps that many of us would never notice.  She has a knack for treasuring those she comes in contact with and pours into their lives in meaningful words and deeds.  I know that what she does comes from a heart of love and compassion and her actions are challenging to me.

Once again thanks to everyone who supported us through prayers and those who financially made it possible to serve the church in Vietnam.  I am continually reminded that the church body is not just the folks we bump into on Sunday mornings, but those we rub shoulders with both locally and globally.  I was fortunate enough to expand the boundaries of my family-the Body of Christ- during this trip and I encourage you to look for an opportunity to serve your local church body and the church body globally- your life will be forever changed!

About ouboomertx


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.