Existing Member?

Same Same, but Different A short blog of our adventurous trekkings across Viet Nam

Off to Hanoi

VIETNAM | Sunday, 11 July 2010 | Views [173] | Comments [1]

Heidi here! We are sitting at the airport waiting for our flight to the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi. We are excited to get the "northern" experience- supposedly it's different, and so this will be a new adventure for us all. The trip has flown by- I can't believe that we only have a few days left until we leave for home.  We had dinner last night with Anna, our contact and her family.  They were so gracious to cook for us! Everything was delicious and I just felt like such an honored guest.  We got lost on the way to her building, and so we were late to the dinner. They had been waiting for us for almost an hour by the time we arrived.  The kindness on their faces and hospitality just really blessed me.  I have to admit that my mind is elsewhere these days..because my sister is about to have her first baby. She is due any day now and I am waiting to hear news that my new nephew is born...but not yet! I selfishly hope he will wait until I return, but I don't want her to be miserable either. Well, off to Hanoi we go! We will have more updates and pictures to come. Thanks for following our adventures....

Comments

1

Fantastic picture Heidi!!! I can't wait for you to come home so I can soak up all your stories!! I miss you all terribly!!!!

  Jess Jul 13, 2010 12:13 AM

About ouboomertx


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.