Existing Member?

Same Same, but Different A short blog of our adventurous trekkings across Viet Nam

Wonderful Birthday!

VIETNAM | Saturday, 10 July 2010 | Views [271] | Comments [3]

My amazing friends Heidi and Anicka

My amazing friends Heidi and Anicka

Thank you to my dear friends and team members for a wonderful birthday! While the rest of the team spent July 9, 2010 doing difficult work in diffecult circumstances, I had the honor of spending the day with two of the most delightful women I have ever met. Heidi and Anicka escorted me on a tour of the Mekong Delta.

I honestly felt a little guilty that their husbands were doing dirty nasty work in a place much less pleasant than where we were and I was on this cool tour with their wives. Whenever I said anything like this to the girls they just laughed and reminded me that it was my birthday. How nice!

Once we finished the tour, we joined the others back at the hotel and soon left for dinner together. We went to this outdoor restaraunt where we cooked on the cooking table, told stories from the day, and had a great time. After dinner we went back to thehotel and the team had a birthday party for me. It was great!

For me, this trip is about many things. Not the least of which is following God's clear small voice from deep within and in obedience going and doing what He tells me to do, with no worries of "the plan" or "the big picture" or how things would look once I got where He was leading me. There is complete liberty in that. There is freedom from former bondage in that. There is fullness of joy in that. There is also rest in that. How wonderful that rest is, and how sweet it is to get it from a completely unexpected source on your birthday!

Thank you Lord, for finding a way to express your unconditional love for me in a way that is new and so completely refreshing! Thank you for the work you are doing in this place across the world from where we live, for the deepening of old friendships, and the start of new ones.

You are my Jehovah Nissi! You rein in victory!

Daniel

  

Comments

1

Those two ladies are absolutely fantastic! I am glad you were able to enjoy your birthday with them!

  Jess Jul 13, 2010 12:10 AM

2

Hey Daniel,
What an incredible way to celebrate you! You are right. These are two of the finest ladies I know!

  Aaron Reeves Jul 13, 2010 5:08 AM

3

You and Ben have birthdays close together!! It has to be significant somehow that you both are in Vietnam on your birthdays!!
Happy Birthday to you both!!!

  Penny Jul 14, 2010 4:51 AM

About ouboomertx


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.