Existing Member?

Orna's Crazy Adventure

CRAZY Jaipur

INDIA | Tuesday, 25 October 2011 | Views [640]

So after 2 days in Jaipur I think I am really ready to move on...it is so CRAZY!!!!!! The traffic, the honking, all the men that tell you how good they are and are all just the same as each other.... Actually right now I am a bit over it - I had a man attach himself to me as soon as I left my hotel and he followed me all the way to the Vodaphone shop and hung around for over an hr while I sorted myself out with getting connected to the Indian telecommunications network. At one point he even insisted on standing right next to me as I did my transactions with the Vodaphone staff until I told him to go away.

Actually I'm so tired of it all right now that I can't even be bothered to re tell the story other than it started with him talking about what a good guy he was and how he was just wanting to help me and get good karma and it ended a few hours later in an argument with me telling him he was rude and him protesting! I am so sick of men here attaching themselves to me, telling me how good they are, telling me how I got ripped off on past transactions, showing me their family stores and trying to come on to me. It is VERY tiring!!!!!!!!! And of course when I question whether I should do something due to safety concerns they get defensive!! Arrrrrgggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't met any other travellers yet to hook up with, so currently it's me alone which is always more difficult. I tell you - these Asian countries are not a good place to try to like men - if only there were female taxi / auto rickshaw / cycle rickshaw drivers I would be a happy person! But India has a long way to go before its women are fully empowered.

Right now I am waiting for a man at this hotel to help me to sort out my travels in India - it's actually much harder to travel here than South East Asia in terms of getting around and even getting a seat confirmed on the train! So hopefully this hotel man can help me but I'm not keeping my hopes high!!!

Anyway, well see what (good - hopefully) adventures await me!

About orna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.