Existing Member?

HOMEWARD

KASHGAR

CHINA | Monday, 7 April 2008 | Views [350] | Comments [1]

Finally got the trunks and boxes off to New Zealand .. Packed my bag and left Beijing on Friday .Said goodbye to friends and colleagues in Urumqi met up with Cath and arrived in Kashgar yesterday .Although Kashgar is 3,500 kms from Beijing there is no time difference so the sun is still shining at 9pm .Its a bit like having jet lag.Tomorrow when we cross over the Tourgat pass I guess the clocks will change by at least 3 hours .....its going to make for a long day . Looking forward to being on the road tomorrow and back in the mountains ..the highest pass tomorrow is a mere 3,800 metres.

Some of the delights of Kashgar are the dried fruit and nuts especially the apricots and almonds ..... the people who are a mixture of many races a bit of a melting pot really , the slow pace of life after Beijing ..there are still plenty of Donkeys on the road [thats going to change fast]

Next time I write I promise some pictures   

Comments

1

Hi, Al. It's almost a month since we had "daidilao" hot pot in Beijing, when we watched the "dancing noodle" together and got a lot of "hahaaaaa!".

I've been busy traveling since then and didn't get much time to come here. But there are a lot about you around me. Marianne visited Beijing office and then David was here for 2 days. We've been talking about you.

I will from now on to see what you've experienced all the way homeward!

  Liu Ming Apr 22, 2008 11:08 AM

About ontheway


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.