Existing Member?

Makan Angin

Mustafa's Kingdom

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 25 November 2009 | Views [384] | Comments [2]

Arrived in Singapore early hours of Tuesday morning to our first problem. A learning curve for the kids. Our hotel was under repair and unable to accommodate us. We then moved to the Claremont hotel a small,damp and dark box.We are now resident in the Royal India in the heart of Little India.

We're all amazed at how the night never ends there are always people on the street in Little India. Its a wonder of smells,sights and sounds unlike the rest of sophisticated Singapore. We have become fans of the Mustafa Empire Supermarket which stays open 24hours and sells everything from pegs to gold bullion. Geordie has become addicted to Roti Channai and appears to be gaining rather than losing weight. Last night we visited the Street Hawker Market in Boon Tat street and had satay and es kachang(shaved ice concoction). Dad had a song dedicated to him by the resident band celebrating his honeymoon and birthday thanks to an enthusiastic satay seller.

We have been impressed with the skyline and architectural wonder of the new Singapore. The buildings exhibit a vast array of colour and geometric shapes. We have found the MRT a great way to get around the city being cheap,clean,cool and quick.

Today we travelled to the Jurong Bird Park and enroute saw the incredible housing developments which dominate Singapore Island. Hornbills,Toucans and Flamingoes were certainly worth the visit. Tomorrow we are off to Melaka by air-con bus. This should take us 4.5 hours and has cost $20 each.

Tags: jurong bird park, melaka, mrt, mustafa, singapore

Comments

1

hi hope this gets to you just checking sounds great

  jem. stewart Dec 3, 2009 8:23 PM

2

now that i checked that it wotked and i had to enter a code to filter spam i can get into writing something you are giving lots of detail and seems as though the kids are getting a real global experience and enjoying all the foods and drinks .the guesthouse with Raymond and mani sounds very comforting. who is writing the blog andwho is leading the tour .

  jem.stewart Dec 3, 2009 8:32 PM

About ollie_follies


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.