Existing Member?

Adventures in South East Asia!

Bangkok at Last!!

THAILAND | Wednesday, 7 July 2010 | Views [416] | Comments [3]

After some very very long flights and having our 6 hours layover in Shanghai extended by a few hours (oh joy)! We finally arrived in Bangkok :)

** July 7 am - We have tons to say and write and lots of pictures but I have less than 4 minutes on this computer before it shuts off on me!! I promise to add pictures and fun stuff tonight when we get to our new guesthouse! *** Love, Cora XOXO

** July 7 pm - Update!  So, after crashing this guesthouse's computer numerous times and waiting more than 1 minute between clicking and something happening I've decided to call it quits with the updating today!  I must be connected with a 14k modem... and a slow one at that!  :)

Here is what you're missing:

Crazy shopping malls and markets

Tons of awesome street food

Incredibly dirty streets

Fish spa! (little sucker fish that nibble on your toes - it was bizarre!)

Hot and humid weather

River taxis

Lip syncing Ladyboys

Tuk Tuks and scams

Golden Buddha temples

Cocktails on the rooftop overlooking the river

Tiny wall lizards

And using the same internet connection as the Flintstones!

** More on all that later.  XOXO

Okay here is a very short recap!

11 hours later we arrived in Shanghai Airport.  Peter is trying to capture how long the airport was - but it looked even longer in person.  We are standing about halfway - so you can double what you see :)


After eating a VERY expensive ($33 USD-we didn't know the exchange rate) and not very tasty boxed meal from "Acting Restaurant" (how fitting).  We struggled with the dirty, but free, laptops offering free internet. 

Then we settled down and slept and then slept some more!

Bangkok airport:

Even though we got into Bangkok several hours late.  Our hotel still had an airport agent waiting to whisk us away to our hotel for the night.  Where we did some MORE sleeping! But at least this time it was in a bed.  Yahoo!

Bangkok at last! Goodnight!

Comments

1

Look forward to your pictures. Enjoy
Dad

  Dad Jul 7, 2010 2:05 PM

2

"Fish spa! (little sucker fish that nibble on your toes - it was bizarre!)"
Oh we have those in Chilliwack...supposed to eat the dead skin off your feet.... I think I will pass on that!

  Emily Jul 8, 2010 10:22 AM

3

Glad you guys made it safe and sound! Miss you tons and can't wait to hear more! :)

Just to be fair, here is what you're missing:
....a whole lot of sun?...oh wait, i think you have that over there...
....a whole lot of heat and humidity?....oh wait, you have that too...
....a whole lot of work as it's only Wednesday!!!.....ya, you have us beat!

Glad you're having a great time!! Keep us updated :) xoxo

  Lisa Jul 8, 2010 4:21 PM

About olivercl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.