Existing Member?

Adventures in South East Asia!

Flight of the Gibbon!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 27 July 2010 | Views [530]

Swinging through the jungle on zip lines, clamoring over suspension bridges and abseiling down trees made for a very exciting, Tarzan-like time!  The course is called "Flight of the Gibbon" and it consists of over 18 platforms and is a total blast! 

Here we go!!!

A tandem ride...

Going down...

Weeeee............

Our two guides we hilarious.  Peter's favourite part: "Cola?  Why not Pepsi?" (well, actually it is CoRa... with an R...  nah, I didn't even bother)

After we went on a short hike up to a waterfall and then ate some delicious curry.

We had a lot of fun - maybe a bit too much fun!!!

The next day we were planning on going on an Elephant trek and whitewater rafting but it ended up that we could only get train tickets for that night so we had to cancel our trip.  However, before we jumped aboard the train we decided to hit up the local womans prison and get ourselves a massage.

It was fantastic.  It also proved to be a great cure for the bar hopping we had done the night before!  The prison, if you're wondering, has surprisingly good rehabilitation program and the inmates are trained in hospitality (there was a restaurant there too) or in traditional massage.  They are not career criminals and are on their way to being released.  They were very kind and it seemed like a very proactive system.

After our massage we climbed aboard our train.

These are the seats and at night they fold them down into beds.  Fun!

Because we got some of the last seats we both ended up in top bunks which are smaller and lacking a window.  On a positive note they are also cheaper!

A view from the train before it got dark:

And before we knew it... we were back in Bangkok. 

We had a few hours to kill before our flight to Phnom Phen so we decided to wander around China Town (since that is where the train station is) it is significantly quieter during the day.

We even hit up our old guesthouse and had some breakfast on the roof.  From here we called home and hung around to kill time before making our way to the airport.

We bought some fruit for our journey and said a temporary farwell to Thailand. . .

About olivercl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.