Existing Member?

Turkiteece Travel with dear friends in Turkey, then solo in Italy and Greece!

Bozborum and more snorkeling

TURKEY | Wednesday, 12 September 2007 | Views [1002]

Allen and I woke up early today to explore Bozborum.  Bozborum probably is not on any map or guide.  It is a small town of 200 or so and depends on fishing and small backyard farms for the most part.  There were a few shops here and there as well as a prominent mosque in the middle of town.  Allen and I walked around the farms then had some chai with a couple locals.  Then we hit a grocery store which I found to be a great cultural experience before stopping off at a bakery.  We bought a ton of baked goods for the boat and everyone seemed really happy for our business!

I suspected that the mosque interior would be really cool given its prominence in the town so I decıded to check it out.  The inside had some great tile work and was very well-kept.

We met back on the harbor and headed back to the boat.  Some other members of our party explored ruins that were all over the surrounding islands.  We had breakfast and then went swimming near Rhodes.  Ali took us to a really cool ancient castle with a great view and we met some more locals at a restaurant - the only local business.  Barbarosa owned the place and catered to incoming yachts.  Some friends of his were just hanging out and we had a really good time chatting with them. 

After several hours of chatting we set sail for another beach and turned in for the night.  Tomorrow we are heading for ekincik and the town of Dalyan as well as the ancient site of Kaunos.

Tags: On the Road

About oddgrue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.