Existing Member?

Australia 2011

Every day life

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 13 January 2011 | Views [417]

well its been a while since i wrote, and right now i cant think of anything interesting that i have done!

im doing a first aid course for work today and tomorrow, nothing exciting there. the only funny thing was that when we were talking about CPR the instructor was saying that you do the compression to 1/3 chest depth, obviously this is the depth of your chest cavity, or maybe not so obviously! this guy in the class actually asked her, 'but how do you know whats one third, like, you have a really big chest but someone else might not', (she did have really big boobs). what a lunatic! ya you do CPR to 1/3 the depth of your boob!

yesterday i had a medical for work, luckily i left early incase i had any trouble finding the place i was told to go for it which was 5 minutes up the road, but when i got there the girl in the job agency that was there told me the medical centre hadnt been there for a few years! so when i rang and found out where it actually was it turned out it was 25 minutes walk away! it was 37 degrees yesterday and i had 20 minutes to make it there, obviously i arrived a state! but i was only 5 minutes late and it was fine, so that all went well, another thing sorted. came back and then yesterday evening i went for a beer with some people from work, it was nice but i felt a bit tired this morning and i was actually in bed early, must be getting old!

so i dont think ive written in a week or so and i cant remember what ive been doing, just trying to organise some paperwork and stuff, almost there, just have to book the dreaded oral exam and once thats over with ill be free to just live and work in Fremantle!

were going out on my first voyage next tuesday, so far there is just day sailings, which i havent been on either yet. i moved onto the ship the other day so its grand, im staying in a spare cabin for now and ill move into the engineers cabin at the start of feb when i take over fully. my cabin is tiny but its grand, suits me fine.

the last few days ive been just walking around fremantle, seeing loads of new roads and stuff. i found a leisure centre and pool so that should be cool, ill start going to a few fitness classes and swimming soon so im looking forward to that. id say im walking miles every day, i havent been without a car for so many years! ill probably buy a bike here someday too, that should be cool, bring me back to my youth! god, i used to cycle everywhere when i was 15.

fremantle is cool, i dont think ive ever been in a place with so many cafes and restaurants! they are everywhere. theres a really nice looking little wine bar next to here, i must go there some night, they serve cheese platters and stuff. its lovely too here the way the sun is alyways shining, it is very hot some days but then the evenings are lovely and balmy so you can sit out and stuff.

i went into perth the other day, it was nice, i just walked around and saw places in teh centre of the city, i was wandering around the clothes shops, i dont know why as i have no money to be spending on clothes! im broke, ill get paid in two weeks so i really have to become thrifty till then! i think most of what i needed to buy i have now so i shouldnt be too bad, but i think i said that last week and im still spending!

About oconnorclare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.