Existing Member?

Gone North after 22 years living in the Lower Mainland, BC I am finally returning home. I leave torn, as I have come to know the Tsawwassen First Nation "Land facing the Sea" people and I have grown to love them dearly.

Good-bye Treaty team!

CANADA | Thursday, 2 August 2007 | Views [882] | Comments [1]

  1. After 22 years living in the Lower Mainland, BC I am finally returning home. I leave torn, as I have come to know the Tsawwassen First Nation "Land facing the Sea" people and I have grown to love them dearly. These proud people are moving forward and I know that when I come back, things will be different. Different, but in a good way, for they will be a self governing People. Thank you Chief Kim Baird for trying to teach me to have a poker face and for allowing me to love your children Amy and Sophia. I have learned much from you Kim and First Nation women and now Inuit women are proud to have a sister such as you to give strength and courage. You truly light the way for us. I've said before and I'll say it again, someday your people will realize how lucky they are to have a leader such as you. Councilor Laura Cassidy, who has her people close to her heart and loves them and embraces them helping them in anyway she can. Laura you have always made me feel welcome and for that I thank you. Valerie Cross-Blackett, TFN's secret weapon, how you have made me giggle and laugh, we have had our battles but I have always respected you and your deep compassion for people. Andrew Bak, one of the girls, I never did make it out to a casino with you! You are one of the funniest people I know and also one of the fairest and just human beings on this planet. I know you will do good things for your people, it is in your nature to do so. Tanya Corbet you are such a wonderful soul and your beautiful smile always made me feel so optimistic when our Treaty department was having challenges. Melinda Cassidy, I always admired your quiet ways and your ability to get ALOT of things done without seeming busy. You have such a fine presence for one so young. Tina Dion you are an amazing woman. You live in both worlds and you do it with grace and ease. You look forward but you remember your past and that makes you truly unique. Marian Wu you were only with us for a short while but you are one of us! You are such a team player and I often wondered where would we be with out Marian! Susan Alcott you brilliant woman you! You do it all and with grace!

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

I will miss you dearly - more than you will know, I think. Thank you for your ne'er ending patience and energy!

Please keep in touch, and let us know how your (continuing) journey goes!

Warm regards,

Andrew

  Andrew Bak Jul 30, 2007 9:00 AM

About northernnorris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.