Existing Member?

australian discoveries

darwin

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 25 July 2011 | Views [262]

so ive now travelled from sydney all the way across the top and down the west coast to perth.  stopping in darwin i was able to go see some amazing national parks like kakadu and litchfield as well as going to see katherine gorge.  all of which had fantastic views though some of them were a fair trek to get to.  you couldn't go by the distance to figure out how long it would take to get there as one of the trips said 400 metres was one of our hardest treks more so then the ones of a couple of kilometres.  but well woth it in the end.  seeing edith falls and even going to swim in jim jim fallswhich had just oppened up because the crocs had just left and also they had been seiing many crocs in other areas buit the water next to the falls was too cold now for them so it was safe.  but it wasnt the first real bit of australian wildlife i saw that was for sure the snake that i got a little close to but it had just snatched a frog so i felt pretty safe. then it was both salt and freshwater crocs and bats of course thoughsands of bats and a lot of wallabees.oh also a few spiders.  not sure which of them are really poisonous. we went to the site of crocodile dundee and also were able to see some real rock paintings that were tens of thoughsands of years old. well i will get more up soon as i get more time as teh computers here are slow as all hell.

About nooltn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.