Existing Member?

Foodculture

JOGJA - NEVER ENDING ASIA - PART 1

INDONESIA | Monday, 7 May 2012 | Views [532]

Borobudur Buddhist Temple

Borobudur Buddhist Temple

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Jogja or Yogyakarta is one of famous traveling place at Indonesia and Jogja offers so many unique combination of  ancient temples, history, traditions, culture, and the natural phenomenon to see and do during you visit Jogja.

What you can see and do during travel at Jogja?

1.    1.   ARCHAEOLOGICAL SIGHTS : Jogja is also famous as a paradise  for exploring a thousand years old temples and you can find the ruins of the "enigmatic missing civilizations", such like Borobudur Buddhist Temple, Prambanan Hindu Temple, Ijo Temple, King Boko Palace, Sambisari Temple, Plaosan Temple, Tara Temple, Gampingan Temple, Kedulan Temple, Mendut Temple, Pawon Temple.

2.     2. ARCHITECTURAL SIGHTS : In the past, Jogja had ever been colonized by Dutch for hundreds of year, so that  Jogja could be found some historical buildings with European-style architecture which you can enjoy it's beauty, such like Loji building, Bintaran House, Kotabaru with old Park Town.

3.      3. HISTORIC & HERITAGE SIGHTS : Today Jogja has become the witness to the rise and fall of once glorious kingdoms in Java so that you can be easily to explore more the ruins of old kingdoms building at Jogja, such like heritage temples of Old Mataram Kingdom (8th - 10th century)  (Borobudur and Prambanan Temple); then the ruins and relics of the Islamic Mataram Kingdom (16th - 17th century) is in Kotagede; and the Kingdom of Yogyakarta, which lasted until the mid-20th century, left the kraton / palace which is still functioning today.

4

Tags: jogja travelling

 

About noodleculture

RAFTING ADVENTURE AT SEI BAH BOLON RIVER

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.