Existing Member?

Peripatetic

More Mallorca - Campanet Caves

SPAIN | Thursday, 19 March 2009 | Views [2520] | Comments [3]

Mallorca Cap Formentor

Mallorca Cap Formentor

Mallorca has been stunningly beautiful and perfect (20-ish celsius degrees almost every day and almost constant blue sky and sun - like those perfect days we lucky people in San Francisco get) weather hasn't hurt.

Christopher went off to Amsterdam to see Booker T and the MG's so Miranda and I have rented a little Fiat Panda car and are enjoying trips around this part of the island (the north).  

Yesterday after a delicious lunch at l'Ombra in Pollenca we drove to the caves at Campanet - these are underground caverns discovered in 1945 - there are about 3000 of them with 5 incredible ones available to view on guided tours.

I'm trying to insert images from the website gallery but not having luck - go check out for yourselves at http://www.showcaves.com/english/es/showcaves/CampanetGallery.html

this photo is actually from cap formentor at the northeast corner of the island

Comments

1

Dear Nancy,

Thanks for your card from malaysia.
You are back in Europe.

Yes, Mallorca is beautiful, i have been there almost
20 years ago.

Greetings from us all,

Diana, Charles en Eline from Holland

  Diana Hoogland Mar 21, 2009 6:53 AM

2

Got your card and think of you often. How do you ski in-doors? Is it anything like skating in the office?

Ninna said you got to see Philip--how is our dear man?

It sounds like you're having a blast; keep writing and enjoying yourself. YOu're giving us itchy feet but we have to stay put for a while because of the condo. HOpefully, you'll spend some time with us this summer in AC.

  ShellyQ Mar 22, 2009 5:25 AM

3

Thank you for the postcard. A special thank you for remembering Shirley as well.

Lyn and I are off to Las Vegas. Winter in New York has been totally blah.

I saw Mitch on West 19th Street one day. He looks well. Sorry to hear about his dogs.

  Jacqui Seltzer Mar 22, 2009 9:50 PM

About nncysf


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.