Existing Member?

Peripatetic

One More Week

USA | Monday, 26 January 2009 | Views [321] | Comments [3]

It's actually LESS THAN 1 week until my departure - 5 minutes past midnight on February 1, which has me in a quandary about when to say Rabbit (possibly part of me being so lucky is that I learned from Peter in college to say Rabbit first thing in the morning on the first day of the month).  I'm not really going to wake up on the first of February because I hope to be snoring (in a gentle and very ladylike way) in my WIDE and soft 1st class seat.  And so when I wake up it will already be February 2 (could I wake up this way every day until the movie ends??  Yes I could!)  I've pretty much decided that I'll say Rabbit when I wake up on the 31st of January.

Booked myself to fly from Penang to Singapore instead of the train and I got seduced by the very very low fares on Air Asia esp. since it said I'd be flying via Kuala Lumpur and I wanted to check out the spiffy new airport.  Then - DOH!!  I find out the LCCT/Low Cost Carrier Terminal is NOT anywhere near the REAL airport - oh well, the price is still right!

Comments

1

W-A-I-T ......... how come i just got on the blog list? ... was it really me who you learned from about saying rabbit? i thought i learned it from you! (anyway, i would set my alarm to wake up some time in the morning that important day) ... what does it mean to join a blog, to post on a blog? is your blog similar to other/all blogs? duh does everybody get to read it, what i write?

how about a quick update on how you got this trip, why it's 1st class, how long, where to, (stopping in boston?), etc., for those of us who are only now on board for the ride? i can't look at all the older stories right now. c'mon, mil.

& are you sure uttering rabbit on 2/1 isn't possible? what are the specifics? are you willing to take the chance? at this moment? shall i check out the insurance at the end of this site?

  peter Jan 30, 2009 7:20 AM

2

I didn't even know you were going on such an odyssey...How come you do all these cool things and all I do is work????

  Mary Helen Jan 30, 2009 8:33 AM

3

Great story already and the adventure hasn't even begun. I am packing vicariously right now. Don't forget the nite-lite. Love you - stay safe. Hope you are returning through Boston.

  Cat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 AM

About nncysf


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.