Existing Member?

Peripatetic

The All-important Seat

USA | Saturday, 27 December 2008 | Views [371]

I know that none of you guys will rat me out to my boss - I spent a happy hour or so today checking my seat assignments for a few of my flights to ensure they are the absolute best (with the help of seatguru.com) - it looks like I can't yet Book the Cook on my SQ/Singapore Airlines flights because I'm not ticketed yet.  BTC (as the fortunate few refer to it affectionately) is the ability to choose from a menu of delectable dishes just in case the offered menu doesn't include anything you like - it includes Lobster Thermidor, steak, etc. - and the beauty part is that if you decide that you do like the flight menu better, you can have that instead (or maybe even as well!)  It's a loonnng flight from SFO to Hong Kong so I do plan on getting a good 8 hours sleep in my luxurious turned-down bed, in my Givenchy sleep suit, but that still leaves about 7 hours to fill with enjoying the F experience to the hilt!

I did see that my wonderful email friend Roland at Star Alliance gave me seat 11A in Business Class on the A380 and seat guru says that has some drawbacks (looks a bit close to the toilets) so I may change that but the others look good. I got a tip from the nurse at my CT scan the other day that I definitely need a window seat on my flights in and out of Sao Paulo because it is such an awesome sight - like NYC except with the breadth of LA.  I think the date shows up thanks to our Aussie friends as the 27th but it's 'really' the 26th, so hope everyone had a good holiday and Santa was at least as good as you deserve (in my case I hope better than I deserve), and Happy Boxing Day!

About nncysf


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.