Existing Member?

The Bomb Diggity No Mames Wey !!

a whole new world

MEXICO | Wednesday, 28 May 2008 | Views [467]

we are currently in cancun. just me and kate =)


but here's the update. we went to our friends house in villahermosa. it averages about 110 degrees every day. and at night we get the relief of it only being about 95. no manches. it was unbearable. i was sweating like a beast (attractive i know). we got there last sunday night. we met the family and things. we got the great priviledge to meet her uncle and aunt who on tuesday took us to palenque which is where there are a bunch of mayan ruins and pyramids. BEAUTIFUL. despite the sun and sweat we climbed a bunch and it was so crazy cool. it blows my mind how long they have been there. anyways after we headed an hour over to aqua azul. its in the middle of the mountains and i kid you not when i say the water is as blue as blue can get. GORGEOUS. we waded in the water for a few hours and ate great empanadas. it was super sweet cause it was like a final farewell to our 2 great friends from puebla. the car ride was also super because we talked to her uncle and aunt about mexico and about life. they were wise folk. we got back and were so very tired so we went to sleep because it was going to be an early day the next day. we went to her grandmothers house and met a bunch of family and hung out. the town she lived in (the name escapes me) was cute. the next day we went to a friends house on a very private beach and there was a pool. pool + beach + friends = pure happiness. we got back and went ice skating and it was superb. i didnt fall!!! kate cannot say the same.
hahah we also went bowling and ate dairy queen which was a sweet treat. tal and our friend ternura left the next day and it was so so so sad to see them go. me and kate hung out with the friends and fam and then had to say our goodbye as well. sucks but "asi es la vida" (thats how life is).


we took a 12 hour bus to cancun.. thats where we will be for the next 2 months. we have been lucky beyond words. our friends aunt picked us up from the bus terminal and has insisted that we stay with her until she moves at the end of june. we didnt protest. so we got back.. got settled and headed to beach because WE'RE IN FREAKING CANCUN. the woman we are staying with is AMAZING. really young and has a daughter and her mom is here too. shes been hooking us up. we have jobs waiting for us to do some timeshare stuff in mayan palace. we dont want to annoy people but man its money. also we went to this place called ciudad de alegria and its a woman's shelter/kids center/hospice/everything and we have been welcomed with open arms. that was yesterday. today is a chill day - kates at the gym.. im here in starbucks..

we just feel good cause we are establishing ourselves and its crazy nice. anyways just thought everyone should know whats been up.. i miss everyone from this past semester and everyone from home so much!!

keep a look out for pictures. and keep it rizzle.

 

About nishi36


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.