Existing Member?

Nicola and Liams Adventure

Day 100 & 101

MALAYSIA | Thursday, 27 December 2012 | Views [167]

Wednesday 26th

We had to move rooms today so we were up, showered, packed and in our new room by 11.15am. It's smaller than the other one with a shared bathroom with another 5 or so rooms but its a bit cheaper and only for a couple of nights.
A short time later we went out for lunch, splashed out a little on a proper plate of fish and chips for Boxing Day. We then decided to take a walk to one of the tea plantations about 3-4km away, it as an ok walk, very windy roads with lots of big trees and green surrounding it all. It took about 45 minutes, it was a lovely view of the plantation there but wasn't really worth the walk. It was no where near as good as the other one we went to and was actually a little bit more expensive.
We considered going to the bee farm to see honey being made but it was going to cost just over £10 in taxi fees ( too far to walk) so we decided against it.
We had gone downhill all the way and although I was quite happy to spend an hour and a half trying to get back up the steep winding road Liam was too tired, so we called a taxi and after 20 mins or so of sitting enjoying the view it had arrived. It was a pretty cool taxi, a really old Mercedes car with a proper retro look inside. On the way it suddenly stopped, and through our confusion we saw an absolutely massive snake in the road, it had taken up half of the road slithering across, it was kind of yellow colour and cool to watch.
Once we got back to town we wandered around trying to find Liam some peanut butter to go with our apples, collected our laundry and made our way back to the hotel.
Liam is tired today and I'm feeling anxious for no apparent reason so from 3.30ish onwards we were happy to sit outside on one of the balconies eating our fruit and goodies and catching up on blogs and other bits and bobs nice and quietly for the rest of the day.

Thursday 27th

Well we wernt both awake until about 10.30am and we spent some time in bed watching a couple of programmes we have on our iPad. I wasn't feeling so great so we decided although we had had a lazy afternoon yesterday we would continue to do the same today as it costs quite a lot to get to anywhere here and it's all the same kind of stuff to see anyway.
We ate fruit and porridge, a bit of chocolate. Then we ventured downstairs where Liam did some reading up on our insurance and the airline details for next week, and I searched for a few jobs and applied, uploaded a few new blogs and generally got up to date with the boring stuff.
We went out and found somewhere to eat, went for a short walk where we found a park where Liam played for a bit and I watched! We then went to a cafe to sample their " home made pie" and ended up sharing that, sharing a scone between us and sharing a slice of apple pie. We were there for just over an hour and had 2 cups of tea whilst both reading an issue of the discovery channel magazine.
When we got back Liam watched some tv and I tried to get to grips with all the documents I have now for registration in oz on the hotel computer.
During the brushing of my teeth I discovered the most massive log in our shared toilet, it was so disgusting. Not only was it massive whoever it was had made a complete mess of the back of the toilet seat as though they were turtling when they sat down and scraped the back of the seat. I had to stand outside the toilet to finish my task and refused to wash my face or go to the toilet in there. I did try and flush it but it didn't budge at all! Liam and I both used the other toilet on the other side of the hotel.
After skyping my nan and grandad to talk them through the contents of our parcel that had arrived today ( in between power cuts), we packed our bags again ready for the onward journey to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow.
We each went out one more time to use the toilet, and both times found the foul log still wedged in the pipe. Even with all those flushes it was still there when we went to bed, what a lovely thought.

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.