Existing Member?

Nicola and Liams Adventure

Day 88

THAILAND | Friday, 14 December 2012 | Views [133]

 

We were both tired due to being exerted wit the diving and the studying, and also from being woken up lastnight. I only woke up because Liam got up, I took my earplugs out and heard a woman shouting over and over again. It was quite eerie because of the way the sound travels through the hotel corridors. Liam went to the door to listen, I assumed it was somebody drunk and messing around but after listening Liam said he thought somebody was in trouble and really needed help. He began to get dressed and I listened a bit harder and it became a bit scary now the thought that she was in trouble had surfaced. Just as he was about to go out he heard somebody else go out to her so stood listening instead! He heard something about her friend had drank too much and was acting really strange and she was scared. It all went quite quiet after that apart from the odd bit of movement so Liam got back into bed but we were both a little shaken up by it. I said I thought it sounded like she had been spiked because I remember people being spiked when I was in Thailand before and it sounded similar.

In the morning we found out that both girls had been spiked and were hallucinating at the same time, the owners had had to stay in their room with them for an hour or so trying to calm them down.

7.15am pick up and same routine, only today we had our pictures taken ready for them to process our cards as soon as we pass our tests ( fingers crossed).

It was a bit further to the dive site today, same routine of eating drinking and sorting equipment, one more test and theory before beginning our final exam. Liam managed to complete his before we reached the dive site but me and the other girl were still going so had to take a break from it. After a repeat of the set up of the equipment we were in the water again. The current was a bit stronger today which made swimming harder but we were more comfortable in the water so it evened itself out a bit I suppose. It was 30degrees again too.

More skills completed like taking all of our equipment off in the water and putting it back on. We had to show we could use an underwater compass and take our goggles off completely under the water and a few other things. The dive was slightly more difficult today mostly due to the current pushing a bit more and it made keeping the buoyancy right more difficult which resulted in staying level with the instructor quite hard for all three of us at times. We saw more sea life today and there was alway something to see.
After that we completed our exams and filled up on food, we were all told shortly after than we had passed so our next dive was our first dive as fully qualified and from ow on was just like after you pass your driving test. You've passed but the real learning starts from now.

On the second dive we had to surface early because Liam was practically out of air. I still had a good half an hour left in my tank as did the other girl. So we had to wait for the boat for Liam to finish his dive and go up, we then went back down for 20 minutes or so. Poor Liam, he had to sit and wait for us to come back up and although he didn't really mind it was still annoying because he missed out on 20 minutes because of his air....apparently the tanks don't go up a size either but I hope I heard that wrong or he will be limited whenever we go for a dive in the future.

We got our log books afterwards, which is a book all qualified divers get to log all their dives. It lets you log your times and the conditions, where you dived, what you saw etc. we filled in for our 4 dives and documented the main aquatic life we saw and then relaxed for a while until we got back to shore.
There we got our cards, our tshirts and said our goodbyes.

We spent the evening relaxing and taking it easygoing watched some tv and stuff. We were both asleep by around 10pm and the bed had never felt so comfy.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.