Existing Member?

Nicola and Liams Adventure

Day 25 And 26

NEPAL | Saturday, 13 October 2012 | Views [264]


Friday.  i woke at 6am today due to the bells going off and the city waking up outside the window. Didn't need to be down to meet the others until 9 so just dozed and waited for Liam to wake up.
We met the others, the girls from yesterday plus 1 other lady from the uk and a man from the US. We all went for breakfast together, Liam and I mostly listened rather than talked, there are quite a few people and the men in particular have big personalities trying to fight for alpha! Most of the group left to do their various volunteer stuff but we had a relaxing day planned today. We dropped a big load of laundry off that will be ready tomorrow night before heading to the temple tea house with phil and Heidi from the uk. We went before when first here, the tea is nice and really cheap. After half an hour or so we went our separate ways, liam and i went back to the hotel. 
After a short time there we wandered out to explore a little bit. The roads are manic but is getting slightly easier to just step out into the road regardless! We found a nice cafe and sat for a couple of hours sorting through our money situation and generally chatting over tea and cake. On our way back whilst we were browsing all the stalls we found a place selling electronics and got an sd reader so we spent a while getting a bunch of randoms onto the iPad.
At about 6 we all headed out for something to eat. We went somewhere called ' garage' and it was just that. We all sat down at the dirty tables and waited for a while for a menu. When nothing came we asked for one and the lady grunted and pointed to a poster on the wall of 4 or 5 pictures of food. We all picked what we wanted from the pictures but a lot of the orders came out wrong anyway! The food was ok, I think Liam and I drew the short straws because our meals were half the size as anybody else's! 
Everybody was going to some club for a book launch tonight, we were going to go along too until we found out it cost to get in. We couldn't be bothered with that so we agreed we'd buy a beer from one of the cheap stalls and sit with a few of them for a drink but not go out. I think they were a bit disappointed but I really wasn't that interested because I'm antisocial and so is Liam. 
By 9pm we'd left them to retire to our room where I began trying to upload photos onto Facebook and Liam watched stuff on his iPad. Exciting people that we are! A day in the office awaits us tomorrow.
 

Saturday. 

Again woke up at 6am which is a little annoying because due to the rest going out lastnight we wernt meeting until 10 so a long time to wait! Liam woke up at 9, and we made our way down shortly afterwards.

Pit was just Liam, phil and I for breakfast today, I had a small poached egg sandwhich and croissant,liam and phil had tuna sandwiches. After breakfast I bought some nice biscuits for our journey tomorrow and set off back to the hotel whilst Liam and phil went to the office. They've spent all day workin gon the website whilst I've spent a lot of the day working on a lesson plan and sthrow through my things gettingorganised. I also got to chat to Jennifer and a couple of friends on Facebook which was really nice. I had a bit of time up on the terrace with my book too so all in all it's nice a nice day.

 

Liam has just got back, running through the door stating ' I've been on the brink of the runs all day'....I had a dodgy tummy lastnight, I reckon it was the garage food!  We'll be going out for food shortly ( hopefully not to the garage)' and picking up our laundry to pack. We have an early start in the morning for a day of travel to Chitwan. 

 

Its been a steady and calm few days so not much to write, more will come on in the next few days.

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.