Existing Member?

My travels

Bangkok

THAILAND | Sunday, 24 January 2010 | Views [498]

It's weird to think that I have only been away from home for 5 days because i already feel so settled (and have already used most of the clothes in my bag!)

Currently I'm in Cambodia but the previous 4 days we spent on the one and only KhaoSan Road in Bangkok. Known for it's bars, market stalls and general mayhem feel, we found ourselves constantly drinking beer under the murky sky (probably an effect of the fuel emmisions from the crazy driving that occurs there). For the first night we opted for a luxery 9 pound a night room - needless to say we moved quickly to an optimum 5 pound one after - even though the 9 pound place had a pool (which we accidently got kicked out of in the early hours of the morning on our first day...)

We spent a day visiting the royal mile (temples) close to khao san road (after nearly falling for a scam by a tuktuk driver) and got a few nice sights including some at the golden mount -- i'll add pictures -- but still it wasn't quite what we wanted to see so we were ready to leave yesterday in the early hours of the morning, for the long bus journey to Siem Reap in Cambodia.

All in all my opinion of Bangkok is it is a quick stop off point for travellers and no more - but I'm definitley looking forward to the next part of the trip and sorry family I'm not feeling homesick yet at all!

 

About nic_jones_


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.