Existing Member?

My travels

Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Friday, 29 January 2010 | Views [387]

We have spent the previous 5 days travelling through cambodia visiting siem reap (home of the ankor temples -- the 8th wonder of the world) and Phnomm penh the capital.

After a long 10 hours on a bus to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap we found a nice little hostel to stay in and got ourselves settled. The next morning at 4am we headed to the temples to watch the sunrise (apparantly what a lot of people do as it was heaving!). I can't even explain how it feels when the temples suddenly start to appear and they are the most amazing sights you've ever seen. There are 3 main temples -- one was the set of tomb raider -- and we visited them all. Words just can't put into perspective what these temples are like and photos just don't do it justice.

After this we headed on another long bus journey to Phnomm Penh where we visited the killing fields and geneside museem. Obviously a very insightful day into the country and people of Cambodia and the pain they have so recently been through. We also visited a Russian market -- it's about 33 degrees outside and in the market it's probably about 38 - it was so disgustingly hot and we only bought a couple of travelling bracelets!!

After all our worries about visiting cambodia I have to say that it's a beautiful country and I'm so glad we came here - the people are so friendly and welcoming and the scenery here is just amazing.

Next stop Vietnam...

About nic_jones_


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.