Existing Member?

What am I doing It's all fun and games till Annette faints and Carlyn gets her pants slashed... who am I kidding, it's still fun

And then there was one

PERU | Monday, 1 October 2007 | Views [573]

So... then there was one.

Carlyn took off back to the states this afternoon. 

While heading home from our two day trip to the islands of lake Titicaca we were chatting with the man across from us on the boat (his wife being the woman who, when we said the family we were staying with had baby pigs, she responded that her family had a deaf mute)  but back to the subject.  So, it turns out the man was a medical professional, and Carlyn, for any of you who didnt know, had some nerve dammage in her foot that happened the week before we left. 

The doctor said, before she left that the feeling and movement would come back with in 2 weeks.  Well, were on week 3 and its no better.  When this was mentioned to the nice man in the boat, he looked very unhappy and proceeded to freak us all out about Carlyns foot. and basically tell us that she should have never gone on the hike and should head home imediately.

So for the past 2 days we have been calling the states, getting second opinions etc.  And it turns out boat man was right.  Carlyn has headed home for imediate treatment.  So I waved good by to her this afternoon and wish her all the best for her foot. 

And now there is one.

So, its off to Bolivia tomorrow.  Im catching the 7:30am bus to La Paz and arriving by 3:30pm, I may or may not have a place to stay (hopefully Ill be finding out this afternoon.  If all goes well Ill be on a plane to the amazon for a jungle and pampas tour (looking at wildlife and stuff) thursday.  Maybe swimming with some pink river dolphins or eating exotic wildlife (just kidding, i dont eat endangered animals)

Although for Carlyns last meal we did do another set menu (this time only 3 soles... about 99 cents) It was one of those hole in the wall places where no one speaks even the slightest bit of english and apparently there was a wierd ticket cashier system beyond our spanish knowledge.  But for less that a dollar we recieved soup with some type of carne (what... im not sure) and entre (carlyns was some sort of deepfried sweet potato cheese thing, mine was chicken with rice) and desert (which neither of us ate due to the fact that it looked as if it involved a good amount of water... yeah, we dont trust the water) although we did eat ice cream as well as cibeche yesterday (both of which were pretty sketchy) but, so far so good.  We will see how im doing tomorrow on my bus ride.  I bought myself some strawberry milk in a juice box for the trip, just to test my luck.

Tags: Friends

About netsy19

My new smuggler friend on the bus... those weren´t really Cs

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.