Existing Member?

What am I doing It's all fun and games till Annette faints and Carlyn gets her pants slashed... who am I kidding, it's still fun

Dude! I finally wrote something

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 10 May 2009 | Views [685]

So I think everyone would agree that I’m pretty much sucking at this whole blog thing…. Basically, I’ve been really busy… and really sick… all at the same time. Horrible combination. But, that doesn’t mean I haven’t been enjoying my self.

We’ve made it to the Med! Which is awesome… although, I havn’t really gotten off at many ports in the med, I can forsee it being awesome…. When I’m not sick.

The transatlantic cruise went un believeabley well. The demographic was perfect for us… 2200 passangers over 55. Glass collectors and long attention spans here we come. The only problem was that the cruise was 14 days long. In 14 days of shows we ended up pulling out all the stops. We had passangers asking us how to do an inclamo (for those of you that don’t know this two bubbles connected together.. a fairly time intensive piece that we wouldn’t usually do) Basically, we had groupies. We had a strong following of about 15 or so passangers who came to almost every show. Gail actually did come to every show. Missing dinners, leaving ports early, just to see us. She would also bring us snacks and when she found out that Brenna was leaving and didn’t have a carry on bag, Gail brought one up to the stage. We are garonteed to see some of these people in corning. Many promised to stop by this summer and say hi, others were already looking at class schedules. It was great. Except for the fact that at some point (or in my case, the entire time) we were sick. Brenna had it the easiest, Donnie had to sit out a few days, and I just felt like death the entire time… pretending that I wasn’t really sick.
There is some virus going around the ship and everyone on the crew has gotten it to some degree. I still feel like poop.

It probably doesn’t help that my room is directly below the disco so I get to here thump thump thump till 3 am every morning. Pretty much guaranteeing that I get a maximum of 5 hours of sleep.

So, Lisbon was awesome… we didn’t pay for our bus ride, we shopped, and of course, we ate Indian food (because it only makes sense that when in germany eat we should eat portugues, so when in Portugal we should eat Indian.)

In Sevilla… I didn’t get off the ship and attempted to get healthy again (this attempt failed)

In Malaga we ate Tapas and shopped… I now have a completely new wardrobe (always useful when all your other clothes are dirty and you want to avoid doing laundry)

In Barcelona Don, Brenna and I bought a ticket for the hop on hop off tourist bus and played tourist… Very easy to do with Don dressed in the all American polo, complete with Calaway golf hat and walking around confused as to why they don’t take the dollar anywhere. Asking questions (in English) like (holding out a handful of euro coins) “Can I get a ten spot for these?’ if you can imagine, it was pretty entertaining…. Barcelona is beautiful though and I would have loved to have spent a month there. Unfortunately we only had a few hours and had to be back on the ship by 6:30. But with the bus ride we were able to see quite a bit of the city. The architecture is AMAZING!

Piza, Florence…. Yeah, tried to get healthy and missed these. I hear there’s a cool tower or something though. Missed it. Maybe next time.

Rome… well, cittaviccia to be exact. About an hour outside of rome. I got off long enough to make sure that Brenna had a ride to rome and that Donnie made it to his bus and that Steve and Dan were able to get onboard.

This cruise: Santorini… Beautiful, I rode a donkey up and ate an octopus, drank wine and loved it. (for those of you not familiar with santorini, it’s the picture you always see of Greece. White houses blue domes, arches, pretty water… pictures don’t do it justice) And we got to ride donkeys up the steps to the city (it’s a very steep island we have to take a boat to then either walk up, tram up, or in our case donkey up) so mine was actually a mule, but I still had a blast.

Mykonos: Awesome. Little white houses, cute cafes, a little tiny beach in the town. Apparently there are really nice beaches on the other side of the island, but we didn’t make it to those. Maybe next week

More to come

About netsy19

My new smuggler friend on the bus... those weren´t really Cs

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.