Existing Member?

Travel Photography Scholarship 2008 - The Winner Tells All!

Day 7 - Well this is it...

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 26 August 2008 | Views [766]

Well this is it, the end of my Adventure draws near. I’ve killed a kangarro, shot camels, nearly ran over old ladies (oops did I let that slip?), hung out with cowboys, and absolutely thrashed the rental car. Jason and I packed our things, or rather tried to. We were allowed one piece checked and one small carry on. We both had two huge checked bags and one huge carry on. Lucky for me I’ve got what I’m sure airline check-in ladies call “The Canadian Charm”; I just call it luck. I managed to get all my things out of Longreach without paying, and so did Jason, although words were exchanged and he did get threatened with a $450 surcharge for his luggage. Whatever, talk is cheap check-in ladies! (A few days after I got home I received an email from Jason that read: “Actually there was a call from [The Airline] on my mobile when I returned. They wanted to talk with me before I flew back, presumably about my excess baggage. Unbelievable, I have them hounding my butt, and then my plane [to Melbourne] was delayed...”)
One we landed in Brisbane, Jason and I then said our thank-you’s and goodbyes to each other and we then parted ways. My layover in Brisbane was great, I won’t go into detail, but it did involve meeting with some good friends living in Surfers Paradise with Beer, Pizza and a 3am visit to the beach. Enough said.

About nelson-mouellic


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.