Existing Member?

Gringotenango

Day 17 (Paul)

GUATEMALA | Monday, 27 June 2011 | Views [456]

Today me (Paul) and the family went to a nature reserve. It was a beautiful rainforest. The fun part, though was all of the ziplines we went on. They were about 300 feet each and about 600 feet high. The beginning of the first one was so scary but in the middle of it, I got less scared. There were nine in all and on the third one, I started going no-hands. The problem I had was normal for me: I went too fast an out of control. My mom had an opposite problem: she went too slow. She didn't get to the end on most of them. My brother and dad both did it pretty well. The men that helped us were very quiet but one of the got mad at me for being too reckless and out of control. At the end, there was an obstacle course. I was good at the first part which was just walking across thin wooden monkey bar things, but then there were swings that were also like steps. I got tangled in the ropes but got across. It was very fun, the most fun day yet. When we walked home the street was flooded with water because of rain. There is a tropical storm here that will end Wednesday.
 Ps: when you come bring board games or cards
Adios:)

About nelsjohnson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.