Existing Member?

Muli Bwanji? My trip to Malawi ... This journal is about my trip to Malawi. Find out everything about what I did, the people I met and the blessings I received. Share the experience with me!

Day 9 & 10: Friends, farewells and travels

MALAWI | Thursday, 13 September 2012 | Views [603]

Day 9 & 10 (Sunday & Monday September 9th - 10th)

So I didn't actually need to say goodbye on the Saturday because I ended up spending the whole of Sunday with the foxfires! Lynn's flight was at 12 and mine was at 4 so Pastor Abel said that he would drop me off at the office so that I could spend the morning and afternoon with the foxfires while he dropped Lynn off at the airport! It was nice to be able to got to the office because it was sort off like my second home for the week. Wellington decided to take me and Rebecca (Pastor Abel's second youngest child) on a tour of the foxfire block. From left to right, there is his bedroom (or rock music room), the dance room (or hip-hop music room) and the office (or worship music room!) 

I spent the morning chatting to Wellington, Nelly, Chippo, Rebecca and my good friend Collins. I felt so blessed to be in their company again! We had some breakfast together and did lots of talking, or should I say that Wellington and Collins did lots of talking?! They are such an amazing group of people and they have so much wisdom. Some of the things they were talking about really challenged me. I really feel like I found my second family in this group of young people. I miss them dearly! Well the time eventually came for me to go to the airport but they all came along too! Poor Wellington and Collins had to squeeze into the boot of the landrover with my two suitcases! I was so thankful that they came with us though. 

It was really hard saying goodbye to not only my new brothers and sisters but also to Malawi! I have taken many fond memories with me and I feel like I have a home to come back to when I go to Malawi again. It was definitely a strange experience landing in Brussels and driving home and seeing all the green! It was even a strange feeling driving in a car without Enoch or Pastor Abel there! I have definitely had the best experience of my life and I can't wait to go back. I pray daily for all the projects I went to and for all the people I've met.

I want to say thank you to the following people:

Thank you to all the staff at the AE office, William and Jennifer Nyasulu, James, Patrick, Mr Sam Chunga and Canaan for taking me in and making me feel like I was part of the AE family.

Thank you to all the women at the sewing project for making me see what it's like to be truly grateful to God for everything he's given me.

Thank you to the five orphans from Phereni Primary School. Jennifer, Divalla, Doreen, Edwin and Blaziton, you have all touched my life and there is a special place in my heart for all of you. I hope to see you again one day.

Thank you to the pastors at Dowa, especially Pastor Caesar Nkhoma for welcoming me and for giving me the opportunity to share my story.

Thank you to Lynn for sharing this amazing experience with me and for cooking me food for the week! Really appreciated the time I could spend with you and I'm glad that we got on so well.

Thank you to Pastor Abel Sauti-Phiri for driving me to all these wonderful places and for looking after me over the last couple of days of my trip and for taking me to the airport

Thank you to Enoch and Dorothy Phiri for looking after me this week and for making sure that I had everything I needed.

Finally, thank you to my new brothers and sisters on the foxfire team. Paul, Moreen, Chippo, Nelly, Collins and Wellington, I will remember you for a long time and you have to promise to keep in touch ok? Thank you for everything you shared with me and for loving me like a sister. When I come back to Malawi I will definitely be finding you again!

The final words of thanks go to all the generous people who helped me to raise the money I needed to undertake this trip - if it wasn't for you I would never have had this opportunity in the first place.  You are all amazing!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Malawi

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.