Existing Member?

My First Solo Expedition! Woohoo!!!

First Day

SOUTH AFRICA | Saturday, 22 August 2009 | Views [506] | Comments [4]

Well, hello there from Cape Town! 

Had a very eventful day yesterday, got up and got ready then went down to Landaaan with Mum and Dad, had a huuuge dinner as I thought I will probably be on rations haha, but then again I doubt it! Had a cup of tea then went through security, which as you all know was the part I was dreading, don't bloody know why though as I was in and out in minutes! Oh apart from the dude on the x-ray desk who insisted he had to empty my air bag with my 100ml toiletries in for testing! I don't know how he tested them but he didn't do much! Maybe the fact they were sealed gave it away! Anyway, enough of that. So next thing was I had to get a train over to my gate which was B47, but they said not to go over too early as there is nothing there! Erm..... I wouldn't say Harrods is nothing love! If I had been rich I would have spent a fortune! I did manage to get myself a swanky little leather IPod case though, under a tenner too! Bargain! So then I got on the poshest underground tram ever, and got to my gate, and sat there for about an hour before they started calling for seats 40 - 60 which was me :-)))) So went through and got on the plane, and thought bloody hell this is tight! Haha! Everything went ok then, just watched 17 Again, and Duplicity (great film), and I watched My Family, Friends, and the IT Crowd. Then got talking to the couple next to me, well they spoke to me first, I was trying to turn on the fan in my overhead light but couldn't get it to work, turns out there was a button on my arm rest! Durrrr!!! So anyway, ended up having a few bottles of wine (small plane size bottles before you say anything), and then felt really tipsy so had some water, then had a headache so went to sleep for a bit, woke up about 2 hours later and Paul (French lassies BF) had about 4 empty wine bottles on his table, he woke up soooo late today which annoyed me cos I was dying for the loo and I was by the window! Anyway, flight got a bit ofnbad turbulence as we entered the Southern Africa lines, which to be fair was not pleasant as I felt rough by then haha. Landed about 8.15 this morning, am knackered, checked into my room and it's lovely, the shower looks amazing! Loads of jets, and a waterfall head, and a handheld thing, wicked! Haven't seen a shop nearby yet that I can get food from, am ravenous, don't fancy walking down to Kloof Street though as I am being careful!

Oh and I opened my eyes this morning to the most amazing African sunrise through the plane window! I knew I was in Africa when I saw that! Although the sun has not been out all day and its been cold, I have had my wooly socks on, fleece and scarf!

Anyways, thought I would send you a quick update before I go out on my city tour. Going to the African Museum, Bo-Kaap which is one of the townships, I saw one on the way into the city in the taxi and it was a shocking sight! It's just amazing how differently things are here! Also going to see the V&A waterfront, Table Mountain, Cape Point and I am sure I have forgotten somewhere but I can't remember! 

So all is fine, so don't worry mum and dad! Plus it only costs me 35p to text! Rock on! 78p to call per min and like 1.50 per min for internet. I am using the one in the lobby at the moment, no pound sign on here haha.

Felt a bit lonely today, just because I have been sitting around since I go there at 9.30am with nothing to do but have read half my book, had a few glasses of water, and freshened up so am all good!

So will speak soon. Not sure when I will be able to get on next. 

Love you all, Mwah!!!! 

Nat xxx

 

Comments

1

ok Nattie, good to hear you are not feeling too bored now. Enjoy your afternoon tour. Keep in touch xx Oh by the way, the lodger likes your bedroom now it's tidy. :(((

  Mum & Dad Aug 22, 2009 11:30 PM

2

Glad to hear you arrived safely. Enjoy yourself and don't get too near those lions!!!!!
Love from Nan & Bill xxxxx
Aug23,2009 9.07am

  nan & bill Aug 23, 2009 6:01 PM

3

GOOD TO SEE YOU ARRIVED SAFELY IF NOT A LITTLE TIPSY LOOK AFTER YOURSELF BE SAFE

LOVE ANG AND MAC
AUG 25TH 2009 8.45PM

   ang and mac Aug 26, 2009 5:50 AM

4

Hi sweetheart, nice to hear that you are keeping your room clean and tidy, should be no problems when you return home. Glad to see that you are enjoying yourself and having a brilliant time. Your mums missing you and your dads off his beer and Arthur is pining for you, he even refuses to have his shower, hes waiting for you to get home so that you can scrub his back. I'm working over here for 2 weeks, so I'm very sorry that I missed you, but hope to see you very soon. Adam has moved his stuff into your room after re-painting it red and white (for Liverpool FC). Bye for now.
Love Uncle Vince. xoxoxoxox
Sunday, 30 September 2009, 1540 hrs.

  Uncle Vince Aug 31, 2009 12:36 AM

About nataliep25

Me again haha :-)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.