Existing Member?

My First Solo Expedition! Woohoo!!!

8 weeks and 4 days to go!!!!

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 23 June 2009 | Views [534] | Comments [1]

It's the final countdown... danananaaaaa dananananaaaa!

To be exact, it is, as of right now, 22nd June 2009 @ 17:45pm :-

8 weeks, 3 days, 29 hours and 45 minutes left until I leave England for the trip of a lifetime!

I started planning this trip last year, and it has not been an easy ride! The company I booked with (Global Xperience, went into administration), there were no hotels with one nights availability for my first night in Cape Town, and I had no equipment or suitable clothing whatsoever, and I can assure you, the thought of walking through the desert in 4 inch stilettos is not something that appealed to me!

So I had a lot of work to do buying everything from my boots to my hats, but I have almost done it, and I have a lot less money to show for it! The main things I needed were easy, and organising the trip itsef was no problem, but the smaller things that needed organising were the things that you don't take into account when you think these things up! Like how will I get to the hotel from the airport and how will I get from the hotel to the tour offices, and where will I eat on my first night on my own, or how am I going to charge up my camera in the middle of the African wilderness?! Alas though, everything is sorted! So now I just have to get my spending money together, and wait...

As most of you know I will be travelling from Cape Town in South Africa, up through Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe for 3 weeks and then travelling down to Johannesburg where I will catch my flight home.

Not sure how often I will be able to get to a computer, but this (and another less fancy site which I will let you all know of the address shortly) will be my base where I will try and update as often as I can. I don't really expect to be able to more than 2-3 times during my trip but we'll see.

Before I leave I am having a bit of a do, really just an excuse for a piss up with all my family and friends, because you never know what might happen over there, there are Lions you know!!!! Also because I love them and won't see anyone for about a month, which is a long time on your own in a foreign country!

Well, that's the jist of it anyway, so until then I am going to continue working 7 days a week whilst trying my hardest to manage to:

Purchase the rest of my travel gear

Learn some Afrikaans, and some details about the countries I am visiting

Working out some way of keeping my camera charged throughout my trip

Get lots of spending money

So as you can imagine, I have little time, and a lot to do! So for now... I'll speak to you in 8 weeks from Africaaaaaa!!!!!!

Ciao, Nat xx

Tags: departure, family, friends, home, trip

 

Comments

1

Hello Chick,

Just a quick message on the eve of your trip, have fun, be careful and don't get burnt!

See you in a few weeks - I better have a prezzie! Haha!

xx

  Faye Aug 21, 2009 6:35 AM

About nataliep25

Me again haha :-)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.