Existing Member?

Where are we now - The photo's tell the story An update on the where-abouts of Nat & Chris' epic RTW journey.

Soul soothing South Beach

USA | Wednesday, 30 May 2007 | Views [579]

As the 10 week mark has come and gone and our USA journey almost over, we share mixed feelings of regret, fulfilment and contentment of what we have/have not accomplished (not much on the latter).  We have accomplished more than we planned, seen a lot and covered thousands upon thousands of miles.  We are really looking forward to settling down somewhere for a stretch and not moving too far other than to work, learn Spanish and learn the local dances (Samba, etc.).  We have both learnt a lot about ourselves and about travelling and are now relaxing in South Beach before taking on our next adventure.

We haven’t done much in Miami other than tan up and get ourselves some much needed rest.  We did take the celebrity tour which showed us Star Island, home to many of the rich and famous, including Shaq daddy himself (check out his letterbox)!!  Collins street is mad, we arrived at the end of Memorial weekend and almost the entire street was littered with fancy cars.  It seems everyone likes showing off what they have in Miami, including their cars (they even have stickers that tell you the size of the rims on their cars).  Loads of nice sports cars and big trucks that are done up and parked on the side walk with their owners proudly standing by them, not sure what for but hey each to their own!

Not too sure about the fashion sense here, less is definitely more (whether that’s a good thing or not) when it comes to clothing one’s self. The guys are built like brick $h!# houses and some of the chicks are too. From what we have seen we are renaming this place THE Silicon Valley. Not much is really left to the imagination here.

The food is spectacular (fairly pricey though) well worth the buck! Restaurants try and woo passers by in to their place by displaying a few meals on the tables out the front. The smell and presentation is amazing however their persuasiveness is a tad annoying.

We feel like we are already in South America as the Cuban’s are definitely present in numbers. When walking down the street your more likely to hear “Buenos Noches” rather than “Good Evening.” I guess this is putting us in good stead for the next leg of our trip.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.