Existing Member?

Where are we now - The photo's tell the story An update on the where-abouts of Nat & Chris' epic RTW journey.

Our Ottawa Holiday

CANADA | Monday, 23 April 2007 | Views [1510] | Comments [2]

Ottawa was our first chance to have a relaxing "holiday."  That meant no sight seeing, no walking 10km per day and no need to get out of bed at Sparrow's Fart every second day pack our bags and lug them to the next train or bus. 

Staying with Joel, Rupe and little Bella (video) was refreshing and a fantastic opportunity for Junior to catch up with some of his friends from summer camp that he hadn't seen in far too long.  Nat took the opportunity to sleep and refresh as the first 5 to 6 weeks of our journey had taken her away from her home and her usual comforts. 

Junior took advantage of Joel's sport package and with the NBA finals in full swing (40 games in 40 nights) he was able to overdose on NBA games, sometimes 3 in a night.  The Ottawa senators (Ice Hockey) were also in the finals which allowed both of us an opportunity to learn a little about the game and enjoy the town spirit as they got behind their team.

The Senators first final we were able to go to the local pub and meet some of Joel and Erin's friends (some Candaian and some Aussie) and enjoy a night on the booze while leanring a little about Ice Hockey.  We ended the night getting our first taste of Poutine (said "Poo-Tin" consists of hot chips, cheese curd and gravy, yummy!!!), this is Canada's version of the late night Yiros outside the Grand or Sandbar.

Little Bella (5 months old) took an instant liking to Junior's fat head and soothing Barry Manilow style deep voice.  She spent the week fixated on JNR.

We also caught up with Tyler and Huxy on our nights out. Tyler was very entertaining (i don't think we saw him sober the whole time we were there!) Huxy all the best for your stint in the UK.

Many thanks must go to Joel and Erin for putting up with us around the house.  Forever indebted to you for your hospitality.

Tags: Friends

 

Comments

1

Does the Poutine serve the same purpose as the yiros - help to absorb the alcohol - or is it only yummy to eat when drunk?

  Margret May 11, 2007 12:30 AM

2

It was outstanding to have you guy's stay with us. It was an awesome slice of home and a pleasure to have you here to be a part of our lives.

It was was also outstanding to be able to watch a basketball game with someone who doesn't ask every 5 seconds "why did they do that? He's terrible because he missed. How come their shorts are so baggy? Why did they stop the game........."

Ahhhhhh Rupe, got to love her!!

Travel well guy's and be safe.

Much love - the Canadian Connection

  Slam, Rupe and Booskers May 19, 2007 2:13 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.