Existing Member?

Beautiful British Columbia read it and weep!

Day 16

CANADA | Saturday, 27 August 2011 | Views [562]

TODAY WAS AWESOME! We woke up at about 7 45, and we got ready to go downhilling in Whistler for the very last time this holiday. We went to the rental place and rented all the gear before going to queue for the first lift up, after the people having lessons as they have right of way. First of all for a warm up run we went down EZ does it, to b-line, to heart of darkness. Next we did b-line all the way down to heart of darkness, then b-line to smoke and mirrors, which was really difficult, and dan went down it, flying, and me and dad just stayed at the top and thought, no chance! We went down an easy way on the only green we could find from there, hoping to find dan at the bottom-nope! So, i stayed at the bottom, whilst dad went back up to try and find him, in this time, dan had come down with a group, doing all sorts of blues and black routes, i think that was the highlight of his day! Once dad was back and we were all reunited, we did b-line and heart of darkness again, dan got to pick this one, to try to cheer him up a bit, then we went up in the gondola for a go, and did EZ does it, golden triangle and then heart of darkness, to try and get some photos on the massive berm that leads onto a rock, that failed, but further down there was a bear! it was so close, and dad went into a field with a professional photographer to get closer to it and get some photos, not that we werent close enough on the track, we could even see the blonde stripe down its back! Anyway, when we got to the bottom it was time for lunch, i had a jumbo hotdog. After that, we went up in the gondola right to the top, where the peak 2 peak is, and did a mixture of freight train and no joke, 2 blacks! The first part was good, and so was the second, until my breaks packed in going down a very steep downhill, from then on we had to push, and just ride the east bits, which was easier to stop without breaks! When we slowly got to the bottom we went and switched my bike, and did b-line to heart of darkness again! This was my last trail, as my hands were hurting so much from pulling my breaks really hard on the last one! I waited at the bottom, cooling off as dad and dan went and did a muxtire of all sorts for their last run. Today, there were a lot of first timers out there, the man in the bike shop told us, and we saw about 5 or 6 ambo's go up! One person had a suspected spinal, and another that i know of was doing superman on a photo op, and landed head first then on his shoulder, he had concussion in the middle of the track and broke his arm or something, bad times! After dad and dan came down we took all our bike equipment back and went to the shop to look at our photo's of us going over the jumps, and i actually was in the air woo! Then we went to the supermarket and came home! Can't believe tomorrow is our last day, i really dont wanna leave! Anyone live round here and got space for one more person? haha, tomorrow should be good though, we're going canoeing! Oh and i forgot to mention, this is just so i remember this haha, but when we hired the bike on the first day this really hot guy got mine, and we were in a shop the next day and he was there and he smiled at me! tehe, love him!

 

About nat2012

and again from a different angle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.