Existing Member?

Ecuador Adventures

Riobamba

ECUADOR | Saturday, 11 January 2014 | Views [235]

On the road again! I am starting to feel very exhausted. I feel lucky though because some people are starting to feel sick because of the altitude but I feel pretty good. On our way to Riobamba we stopped at a Hosteria. Here I had the most amazing hot chocolate I have ever had!! I loved seeing this beautiful old mansion and all the beautiful architecture and landscaping. I had so much fun listening to the music and drinking hot chocolate and hanging out with everyone in the group. I’m really starting to make friends here and feel comfortable with everyone.

    We were also able to meet an indigenous group called the Salasacas. They gave us a traditional Ecuadorian lunch and taught us a traditional dance. I loved the food and I loved how fresh everything was. We were also lucky enough to watch one of the men work on some of his weaving. The blanket he was making was beautiful and it was so interesting to see him remember the pattern of this blanket without looking at a sheet of paper or anything.

     The best part was watching them dance and then watching some of the students dance. The dance in general was beautiful and different than anything I had ever seen.

      Once we arrived we had a welcome dinner, which was fun because we continued to get to know the other people in the group. The dinner was DELICIOUS! I was so happy with the meal (especially the desert). I wasn’t able to explore Riobamba that much but all in all it was a pretty eventful day with a lot of learning and appreciating. 

About nance_kell


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.