Existing Member?

Ecuador Adventures

Quito

ECUADOR | Saturday, 11 January 2014 | Views [276]

Another day, another adventure. It was a pretty impactful day. We first went to the middle of the world (the Equator). It was insane to hear about all of these misconceptions people have about the Earth and our relation to the universe. For example, none of us knew the correct way the Earth rotated which is insane considering we are all college students!

After we went to the Quitsato Museum viewing paintings of the famous Ecuadorian artist Oswaldo Guyasamin. His paintings gave me a feeling of sadness. He depicted a lot of social injustice and struggle in his paintings. His paintings also didn’t just focus of injustices in Latin America but around the world. For example, some painting depicted how African Americans were treated in the United States.

 We were fortunate enough to get a city tour upon arriving in Quito. The city has beautiful and had the most amazing architecture. We were able to see so many different buildings and historical landmarks while in Quito. I loved hearing about all these buildings and the history behind them.

Well I haven’t spoken to my parents yet and I’m not missing home so…so far so good!

 

 

About nance_kell


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.