Existing Member?

Resetting. Broke, but I'll still travel.

Oversleeping Leads To An Experience.

THAILAND | Friday, 18 April 2014 | Views [348] | Scholarship Entry

There are a number of 'Firsts' during my trip to Krabi, Thailand. But nothing beats this, oversleeping. It's a normal occurrence when I'm back in my hometown, Singapore. But when I'm overseas, obviously not! On my last night in Ao Nang, I decided I should check out their night life. I've always wondered what was there at this lane called RCA Entertainment because their signage shows silhouette of ladies on it and that got my attention. My initial plan was just to have a shot and a bottle of beer and off I go to my hotel since my minivan was leaving at 6am the next day. There were plenty of bars there and the ladies are always trying to lure you into the bars but I settled for the last bar at the corner which called Kiss. I was approached by a lady who gave me the menu and I settled for Long Island Tea and that's when I know it wouldn't be just shots and beers for me. Why? Because that's when I had to buy drinks for the lady too and then another lady came to sit with me and bam! I've got to get drinks for the other lady too. We had a good conversation even though my pocket was running dry. I got so tanned during my time in Krabi that they couldn't absorb the fact that I'm born and raised in Singapore. The bar closes at 2am so I left and flagged for a tuk tuk to get back to my hotel. I've set my alarm clock at 5am! I bathe and went to sleep right away! Guess what happened when I opened my eyes? The sun was up and it was 8:45am. Wow. Just wow. I washed up, checked out and asked the reception if there's any minivans from Ao Nang that goes to Hat Yai on that day. She called a few agencies and said the safest bet would be from Krabi Town because I missed the 2 morning vans. I took the tuktuk to Krabi Town, walked around under the scorching sun (I wished people would throw a bucket of water on my head since it's the 2nd day of Songkran but there wasn't anyone doing that) and finally found an agency that has a minivan leaving at 3pm. That also means that there's no way I could catch the train from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur since it was at 4pm but I told myself, "That's okay." I reached Hat Yai at about 8pm and had dinner first. Thankfully there was an agency nearby the Bus Terminal with buses straight to Singapore the next day at 11am. I booked it and rented a room for the night. I woke up at 8am even though my bus leaves at 11am. Bathe, had breakfast and walked around Hat Yai. Basically, I just didn't want to sleep because I felt that I'm bound to oversleep again!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About naddydaud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.