Existing Member?

Western vs Eastern foods

Medical Tourism in some countries

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 4 April 2012 | Views [792] | Comments [1]

Nowadays, people prefer going abroad to get better healthcare rather than having local treatment .  The reason they provide is in the term of quality of the healthcare. People with a lot of money need a very good doctor as well as good facilities for taking care of their health. As regards, some countries are developing a new concept of healthcare named Medical Tourism. Medical Tourism is a medical treatment provided by a country for people outside that country who came, intentionally, to get medical treatment in that country. There are several differences in each countries regarding the Medical Tourism itself.  In Turkey, the concept of Medical Tourism described by getting a better healthcare with reasonable cost. This concept surely draws attention from many people as the service users. Practically, when a patient comes to Turkey to get medical treatment, his family will be provided with accommodation such as hotel, restaurant and transportation without spending more budget. However not all hospital given authority to provide such healthcare. It is only hospitals that have been accredited and certified by Joint Commission International (JCI) are able to run the concept. So, government of Turkey is not only trying to improve their medical field but also the tourism. Then, in Singapore, the concept of Medical Tourism is not much different with Turkey. Singapore provides tourism package for family of a person who get medical treatment, there.  The package includes accommodation and shopping trip. Then, just like in Turkey, there are only several hospital could equip this concept. Last but not least is Indonesia. The concept Medical Tourism, or Health Tourism in Indonesia is still being a hot issue to be discussed by the government and stakeholders. However, they have not got any clear concept about it. Some expert recommends that Health Tourism in Indonesia can be described by having a spa in hospital.  Since, it have not been set, we might see for several years ahead.

Tags: tourism

Comments

1

VoyagerMed delivers innovative medical solutions to both doctors and patients. We access the most advanced technologies from Europe and make them available in our Cayman Islands surgical center to our “member physicians” on an exclusive basis. It's an interesting idea and if you're a doctor or patient looking for something different in medical tourism, you should check out our site voyagermed.com 

Imagine a place where you can practice state-of-the-art medicine right now without the regulatory or administrative burdens that you struggle with every day. Our center offers an invigorating and challenging environment that’s based on some of the most successful technology incubators in Silicon Valley and New York. In the Cayman Islands, we have built an ecosystem of medical innovation where practitioners can access cutting-edge medical treatment options for their patients that European physicians already access years before the US. 

This is not a proposed project that is building upon a dream from raw land like some of our competitors. It is an existing facility with fully operational 24/7/365 capabilities and solid clinical history for the past 14 years. The center has been in operation since 2000 and has a fully staffed facility conveniently located five minutes from the international airport, and fifteen minutes from the beach resort hotels.

VoyagerMed provides you with the turnkey solution to deliver your patients with innovative medicine that star athletes like Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning access, all in a luxurious setting much closer to home.

Importantly for your practice and reputation, we are a patient-centered, high-tech, high-quality travel medicine option that redefines what people expect from overseas medical care.

Our model is much like an exclusive private club. When our Doctors and Patients decide to become members they will have access not only to the most advanced technologies, but also to the most responsive, thoughtful care possible.

We seek the best and brightest doctors who are demanding access to innovative medicine that’s currently in use in Europe. We are selective in who we work with and have already brought on board some of the most talented practitioners in New York City.

The “club model” does not require any upfront fee from our doctors and is very flexible with regard to time spent in Cayman, number of procedures, and patients.
For more information, please visit- www.voyagermed.com

  Alessia Dec 19, 2014 5:56 AM

About myjourneymyadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.