Existing Member?

Mutts On Bikes

Tell Them the Bicottis sent You

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 30 December 2008 | Views [557] | Comments [2]

Toto Biscotti.

Toto Biscotti.

A great and wise man of 80 has said to us "Play sports, don´t smoke".

That is our motto.

And we have gotten far enough to think that it should be yours too.

A great many of the handsomest people god made, seemingly before he got lazy, lined the streets today as we rode through the dust, through the grape vines, into San Martin.

So many of those people, in these small towns, are children. As was explained to us by a good hearted fire fighter in spanish, this is due to a "lack of diversion".

We need no diversions as everything blurs past us when we peddle fast, now strong enough to sing Cristmas Carols while we ride, and though the time has passed for Christmas music, it is ripe for singing while riding bicycles.

Cruisers of all colors, the bicycles here begin to emerge at sunset, circling the plazas, the grandeur of the night, and the people here start their days, start their dancing, often as we end ours, sleeping in a park, or on a patio, beneath an upside down Orion.

Comments

1

great reading of your trip happy new year to all of you. I am enjoying the ride with you. We have over 70 inches of snow in CDA,Id. It is still snowing. Love you!

  aunt Marty and Uncle Keith Jan 2, 2009 7:07 AM

2

Hi Girls,

I took the train back fro NY to LA, arriving just in time for a big New Year's party in LA. Today Kemp and I are off to his family's place in Escondido.

Thanks for the news about your trip. We're glad your safe and that your having a good time.

Muah!

  Kerry Jan 3, 2009 4:30 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.