Existing Member?

On Wheels

WOW...Bulgaria and ALL its beauty!

ROMANIA | Wednesday, 29 August 2007 | Views [1375] | Comments [2]

Exhausted of going up on Bulgaria's hilly roads to Sofia, I finally arrived. The nature in Bulgaria is stunning.....but, the women are out of this world!

I was quite impressed with the country's nature 'till I got to Sofia, where nature is not so strong for a big city? however, the beauty continued with its women.

After long time sleeping in benchs and in my tent, I slept in a Guesthouse - Motel Hostel. It was a great guesthouse, clean and very safe. there I met an Spanish guy, who spoke Bulgarian, as well as 6 other languages. I asked him why did he learn Bulgarian; he answered: Have you seen the women outside? very funny guy. We had a couple beers togheter, he told some more about the region, and about his traveling on East Europe. We stayed up till 4am drinking and laughing. Next day, I left on my waz North, to cross to Romania.

More climbing...Right after Montana city, the highest climb on Bulgaria started. I went for about 25km up...steep up hill. Stop and asked to set my tent at this old couple's yard. The old man and his wife, who was blind, took me in and made me dinner. I got drunk with the old man who wouldn't stop pouring rum made by himself, out of grapes...better than the regular vodka. It actually tasted like the Brazillian rum - cachaca.

Next morning, I had breakfast with them; he gave me some honey, extracted by himself from a dozen of little houses packed with bees on his backyard...(sorry, I dont know how are those called)

I left for some more climbing 'till I reached the top and went about 20km down hill...great ride!

Stopped by Lom river where I washed my clothes, made dinner, and spent the night. Lom river is a river coming from Lom city, from the so famous Danubio river. (just to make it more special)

Next morning, I rode to Vidin city, where I had to take a ferry to cross to Romania...ohhh, the ferry was crossing the "so famous Danubio river" :)

Before I got to the ferry, I rode for about 15km by the Danubio river. I had no idea how big...wide, was the Danubio. It's quite beautiful, but it starts to look quite dirty when aproaching the ferry area. I stopped to make some coffee by the river before I arrived Vidin...got to see some big fish jumping out of the water.

Arrived at the ferry area and met a German guy, Georg, who was following the Danubio from Germany, by bicycle.

Crossed the river and arrived in Romania where Portuguese would be more useful than English...

to be continued...

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Cade tu, manda noticias.
Rick

  Rick Sep 5, 2007 12:25 PM

2

I met you in BKK,you no Koh San Road.Where the bed look like a prison.

  John Oct 25, 2008 12:56 AM

About mutt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Romania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.