Existing Member?

On Wheels

Greece to Bulgaria...Gorgeous!

BULGARIA | Saturday, 25 August 2007 | Views [1249] | Comments [2]

Int eh Europena side, I met Yusuf, my long ago friend. We had a good time around Istanbul - lots of walking and going up stairs. It was great to meet someone who I already knew before.

Spent around 4 dyas in Istanbul, met Jason once again for a friends gathering at some other biker's house. Has great food and some more laughs with Jason.

Next morning I left Istanbul with Homer, Yusuf's friend. He drove me 'till Silivri where his sister was waitng for him. From there I made my way to the border with Greece.

Crosses to Greece and headed to Alexandroupolis. The weather was very hot and humid. I got to Alexandroupoulis late afternoon, just in time to eat and fine a place on the beach to set camp. The city was quite busy in the evening; lots of ppl were driving around, sitting at bars near the beach...rich beach city.

Woke up and saw a tent set near by where I was. It was a polish guy who was hitchhiking around East Europe. He told me about the beautiful nature and ppl of Bulgaria...it stayed in the back of my mind.

Left to Kavala, where I went online to check my options on my route. Realize that I would have to spend around US$150 with visas to 3 coming countries...changed my route. From Kavala I went up to Drama city then Exochi border - Bulgaria.

Arrived at the border around 11:45pm. The Greek officer told to go back 'cause I didn't have visa to Bulgaria (I dont need visa). Lots of talking, I insisted he checked again, he insisted that I turned around and headed back to the next city with an Embassy to get a visa - Athens.

I said: No visa needed, no problem! He said: Visa, problem!Go back!

Another officer shows up, I called him; they talked and he went in the back to call someone. I was pissed; I knew I didnt need visa, and that dumn-ass wouldn't go check. He kept pointing at some paper he had glued to the wall where it said Brazil needed visa to go Bulgaria.

The other officer comes back and says: "No problem sir, you dont need visa!"

I went crazy angry, got my hand inside the boot and pulled the paper out of the wall, gave back to the officer and told him: Throw it away and go find a new job! He didnt understand, but gave a look like he knew what I was saying. The other officer told me to go away, I did!

My frist city in Bulgaria was Gotse Delchev - small town. On my first night, I slept on the back seat of a VW Passat. A guy on a gas stationoffered me and I accepted...damn it, it killed my back.

Headed to Razlog...up and down, but extremely gorgeous. Bulgaria is amazing and it has just started...

to be continued

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Rodrigao, continua atualizando que estamos lendo daqui.
Abracao e nos mantenha informado sempre que puder.
Rick

  Rick Aug 27, 2007 3:03 PM

2

so happy u finally finished the Asian part. hope there's no more troubles on visas again.(there shouldn't be....)
anyway....good luck...
looking forward to ur arrival in Spain...
hugs and kisses
jo

  jo Aug 27, 2007 4:58 PM

About mutt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bulgaria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.