Existing Member?

On Wheels

Shoot out

AZERBAIJAN | Tuesday, 7 August 2007 | Views [1808] | Comments [1]

Sorry, I had to stop at that question. Just the memory of it gave me a black out and I passed out.

There they were: Turkham (Tuka) and Margo. Tuka was who I had been contacting by e-mail, but Margo was who had set my stay in Baku. She was staying at a host-family in Seattle who knew about my website and the mother, Raquel, is Brazilian…here and there…they e-mailed me offering whenever I arrived in Baku. Here I was: in Baku with Margo and Tuka. They told me to follow them to meet their mother who was waiting by the car. A very beautiful woman stood by a very nice car at the parking’s exit. I looked back to the crowed that was making me company and I saw the smiles on their faces that said: You REALLY are a lucky guy!

I had three beautiful women waiting for me to show me the city around. No complains on all the guys that helped me, but…this was quite a way to spoil me. From there we drove to the flat I was to stay for my next few days in Baku.

We went for dinner, got better introduced, more details on ourselves, spoke about our experience traveling, had a delicious dinner and wine….unbelievable.…it almost sounds like a bunch of lies – beautiful women going around the city and having dinner w/ me, drinking wine…yup, it all happened. After passing trough countries where women are so hidden away from men, and alcohol is a NO! Ok, but hide it! You give much more value having a dinner w/ the opposite sex and sure appreciate a good wine. (Secret: I had a good wine with Shafar, but keep it in our circle)

I had a great time on their company. They were what some ppl call “more open” muslin, but they had not lost what impressed me on every muslin I've met – kindness and generosity. They dropped me at a flat where I spent 4 days on my own, left a computer so I could work on my dıary, and kept on checkıng on me to make sure everythıng was ok. Great girls!

The folowıng week, they were a lıttle busy and so was I tryıng to update my dıary. Went to a dentıst to check a swollen on my left cheek - bad news. I had a tooth tryıg to come out ın a ackward posıtıon. Two days later I was on a dentıst's chaır gettıng ready to spend US$150.

Got it done, rode the the Georgia embassy to get my vısa, but ıt was closed. A note on the board ınformed ıt was possıble to obtaın the vısa at the Kazax border. Got things ready and left. Crossed Azerbaıjan from East to West ın 4 days, met a bunch of ppl, slept ın ppl's house...had lots of fun. Trıed to get a short cut on, got to a desert area, cut to a mountaın, and got back on track. Arrıved in Mıngachevır where Azerbaıjan's heart ıs (that's how locals called ıt.)Mıngachevır has the bıggest water reservoır ın the country. Durıng the war w/ Armenıa, Azerbaıjan army had a strong defense on the area to assure ıts safety.

Stopped at the rıver sıde, had a coffee, and met some good ppl. Everythıng was calm and relaxıng; then...The fırst shot comes...

to be continued

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Rodrigo, I remeber the days you spent with us, they were wonderful!!
thank you for all the kind words,
we regret so much we didnt have a chance to spend more time with you, we still have that house trouble.
Wish you everything great on your road, dear Rodrigo,
you were just such a great new thing in our life

kisssses and hugs

GIRLS

  Margo Aug 29, 2007 5:41 AM

About mutt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Azerbaijan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.