Existing Member?

Musical and other adventures

Thurs 4 July - final day in Copenhagen

DENMARK | Friday, 5 July 2013 | Views [131] | Comments [4]

 

This morning we packed up and said farewell to our Copenhagen apartment that we love so much, and set off on the train for the airport. We decided to stay at a hotel at the airport so we could be here early for our flight tomorrow to St Petersburg.  We are at the Hilton which is right at the airport and very convenient. We are flying SAS to St Petersburg tomorrow and we noticed long queues for the SAS bag drop counters and were dreading going through a similar queue tomorrow morning! We did the self check in and got our boarding passes and luggage tags. Thankfully we had the good sense to ask for advice about what the queues would be like tomorrow morning for the bag drop. We were strongly advised to do our bag drop today so we can avoid the queue for multiple flights all leaving early tomorrow. We got ourselves organised and did the bag drop very quickly when the queue had disappeared. All we have to do tomorrow is go through security and passport control. What a relief that is!
 
We are really looking forward to St Petersburg!

Comments

1

I hope Vidunderlig København (Wonderful Copenhagen) has treated you well. Did you eat any smørrebrød? Did you sit on HC Andersen's lap?

  Grandleprechaun Jul 5, 2013 7:03 PM

2

Copenhagen did treat us well! Alas we didn't get to Odense so we missed sitting on HC Anderson's lap! Maybe next time. We aren't really fans of the heavy dark bread, so have given the Smørrebrød a miss.

  musicaladventures Jul 5, 2013 9:31 PM

3

I miss the Danish sausage vendors selling the sausage on the tiny tiny bun, with pickle garnishes. hee

  Jive Jul 7, 2013 8:09 PM

4

With the crusty onion? Oh, so horrid while somehow delightful. The smell of pølser is the smell of Denmark. Perhaps if you lick a Dane they would taste the same as the hotdog truck smell.

  Grandleprechaun Jul 8, 2013 9:29 PM

About musicaladventures


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.