Existing Member?

Musical and other adventures

Friday 21 June - hired a car again to drive around the countryside

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 21 June 2013 | Views [118]

 

Today we headed back to the Snape Car Hire to hire our car for the third time. As I mentioned previously, Snape Car Hire are a quaint little operation. Karl manages the car hire and he is such a nice person, who gives you great personal attention. We chatted with him over the three days we had used the company and got to know him a bit. Their prices were very reasonable, and great value. If anyone is ever travelling in this area, we would highly recommend Snape Car Hire. 
 
We didn't travel very far today, driving to Southwold. We wandered down to the pier. The beach was lined with the characteristic huts that you see around the UK beaches. For a change, it was. Sandy beach! We had a lovely walk along the coast and into the town centre. We found a quaint little cafe for lunch and had carrot soup which was lovely on a cool day. The cafe was only little and not long before we finished, a man and his daughter came in and there were no empty tables, so they joined us at our table. We had a lovely  chat with them while we finished our cuppa and while they waited for their lunch. Once we tell people that we are Australian, they are always amazed that we would travel all this way! These people were no exception. 
 
After lunch, we had a look at the local church then headed back to Snape, to see the Iken church near Snape, which dates back to around 647 AD. To reach it by car requires driving several miles on very narrow roads. If a car approaches in the opposite direction, it is necessary for one car to pull over and let the other one pass. People are very courteous on these narrow roads thankfully. 
 
We dropped the car back to Snape Car Hire and bid farewell to Karl and made our way to Aldeburgh on the bus. 
 

About musicaladventures


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.