Existing Member?

Enjoying Life....

Flying home today!!!

CHINA | Wednesday, 12 August 2009 | Views [784] | Comments [4]

My Asia adventure is finally coming to an end!!!  This will be my last blog entry...I've put together a slideshow of my China trip...so enjoy!  This has been such a wonderful trip...I'm leaving here with such great memories and also new friendships.  It's been an amazing journey and I can't believe I was able to do this on my own.  A year ago or even 6 months ago, I would never have been able to take such a trip halfway around the world by myself...I don't think I would've had the courage or strength to do it.  Alot has happened this year to make me a stronger person and I'm thankful for the way things turned out even though this year started out very rough for me.  I always believe that things happen for a reason...no matter how bad things seem at the time, there will always be a silver lining and something good will come out of it.

My former director at work gave me the perfect card before I left for this trip:

"PEACE - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.  It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart"

I've found some peace in my heart for now...and I've learned to accept the things that I cannot change.  I hope as I get back into the real world (even though I don't want to :) )...I'll remember this and not get caught up in the little things that don't matter.  The most important thing that I've learned during this trip is about what matters to me and what I want my life to be like going forward.  I just have to keep reminding myself!!!

I'm very excited to be going home!!!  I miss my family and my friends...and I miss my mom's cooking!  :)  For my blog readers...thank you so much for keeping up with my blog and following my adventures.  You made my trip much more enjoyable because I was able to share my experiences with you...see some of you when I get back home!

Comments

1

"I've found some peace in my heart for now...and I've learned to accept the things that I cannot change."

that's right. i'm glad you finally learned. no matter how much you try to change me, you can't! :-P

i'm sad it's coming to an end. checking your blog and reading up on all the adventures was was one of my fav things to do to procrastinate from doing work. but i'm sure after a month+ of running non-stop, you're ready to come home. but as i've said before, the min you step on hartsfield, you're gonna start missing asia.

call me when you're back and nice and rested so you can splash me with gifts.

  KSPimp Aug 12, 2009 5:52 PM

2

all good things must come to an end. I will remind you of the statements that you made in this blog (hope I dont have to) - they are really strong statements.

Have a safe trip home. :)

  Hubby Aug 12, 2009 9:20 PM

3

Yes, I'm sad it's come to an end...you guys will have to find something else to do now to occupy your time. Thanks again for being such loyal blog readers. :) It was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night...I was up for 30 hrs since I didn't sleep on the plane and flight delays!!!

  muoy Aug 14, 2009 3:03 AM

4

Glad you had such a wonderful life experience. Safe trip back home.......we'll have to catch up when you get back!

  David Meltzer Aug 20, 2009 12:16 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.