Existing Member?

mudskippers adventures Apollo Motorhome road trip in NZ North Island. I designed this road trip specific to my 15 y.o son and 46 y.o husband which involved a lot of motorsport fun and a taste of New Zealand culture, history and landscapes.

Day 5 - Skyline Rotorua

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 9 April 2012 | Views [652]

Day 5 - Wednesday 03rd November, 2011

Today was the day to explore the Rotorua area.

I was here 20 years ago, remember the strong smell of suphur throughout this town and certainly did not want to stick around for too long. To our surprise however, the town did not smell as bad, I believe it has to do with teh growth of teh region and tapping into the resources which has kind of reduced the smell. This said however, I am told there are days when it can still be pretty thick. Today, it was not.

Our first stop off was Skyline wher ethe luge and Skyswing resides.

We took the package that included the gondola ride, a couple of runs with the Luge and then the skyswing. The boys loved the luge, and on their second run they had opted for the expert run I was too nervous and stuck with the intermediate for my second run.. That was fast enough!!

The skyswing was another matter that I did have the nerves to go for..unlike my hubby who had absolutely no idea as to what he was in for, and was also not too keen on heights. A warnign in advance if you want to watch the video, there is a couple of explanitives presented during the video. But the faces of hubby and son are priceless!!

More info on Skyline can be found here - http://www.skyline.co.nz/

After this we headed to Paradise Springs Wildlife Park.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.